Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will this seat frame interchange with my car?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will this seat frame interchange with my car?

Hello All,
    I need some help determining if a seat frame from a 1956 Flight Hawk will fit in my 1959 Silver Hawk. I bought the Silver Hawk without a front seat. I have a seat frame from a Flight Hawk and it fits the hole pattern in the floor but I am not sure about any other differances. My Body parts manual is not old enough to list the part number for that year and I dont want to get new seat covers if they won't fit. I know the back seat was different I can see this in the lower one in the rear but I don't have the front to compare it to. If anybody knows both seats well enough to describe the differances between the front seats I would be thankful.

RD,

You should be good. My father bought a '53 Starliner back in 1961. The Texas climate had not been too nice to the 8 year old interior and it really needed some help. He was lucky to find a complete interior in a salvage yard from a 1959 Hawk. Everything fit - even the door and quarter panels.

Good luck.
    Last edited by 62champ; 02-03-2013, 10:01 PM.

Comment

Do you have the bottom and back cushions, that is where the difference is?
      The '59's do not have roll back (round) seat backs like '56's. I don't think '59 Cushions fit '56 frames. If your '56 Seat is complete I don't see what the problem is unless you are looking for original.
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
        The '59's do not have roll back (round) seat backs like '56's. I don't think '59 Cushions fit '56 frames. If your '56 Seat is complete I don't see what the problem is unless you are looking for original.
        StudeRich I have cushions but was kinda thinking when I ordered the new covers the 59's would fit, but not so lucky. I guess I am in the market for a front seat again. Is there any good front frames for a 59 silver Hawk out there for sale?

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
          I thought only the 'K's" had the round seat backs in '56 Rich...and the 'C's' had straight seat backs....am I wrong about that?

Comment

All 1956 and 1957 C and K bodies had what my upholsterer would call a "Roll Top" seat. Also unique was that the bottom seat cushion would lift out of the frame. These seats were very different than later seats as to their style and construction, and as I recall were a little more comfortable than the later seats.

Comment

Originally posted by Studebakercenteroforegon View Post
              All 1956 and 1957 C and K bodies had what my upholsterer would call a "Roll Top" seat. Also unique was that the bottom seat cushion would lift out of the frame. These seats were very different than later seats as to their style and construction, and as I recall were a little more comfortable than the later seats.
              Yes, the bottom seat lifts out of the frame. You are correct about this. I can't compare comfort because I do not have the original seat.

Comment

Working...
              X