Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sad 62 Daytona Convert Parts Car On Ebay

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1962-62-STUD...7ab156&vxp=mtr

Wish it was closer to me for parts but not at that price.
    59 Lark wagon, now V-8, H.D. auto!
    60 Lark convertible V-8 auto
    61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
    62 Champ 3/4 ton 5 speed o/drive
    62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
    62 Daytona convertible V-8 4 speed & 62 Cruiser, auto.
    63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
    63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
    64 Zip Van
    66 Daytona Sport Sedan(327)V-8 4 speed
    66 Cruiser V-8 auto

Comment

It seems a little pricey, doesn't it?
      Joe Roberts
      '61 R1 Champ
      '65 Cruiser
      Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

Originally posted by JRoberts View Post
        It seems a little pricey, doesn't it?
        They'll probably figure that out in due time, Joe... BP
        We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
        "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

SAD, looks like it was probably not a bad ride when it was parked there. :-(
          JS
          I was STUDEBAKER, when STUDEBAKER wasn't "KOOL".

Comment

Looks like it might be in a small salvage yard. The way the description reads, getting parts from it could be an option. Can't be more than 2 hours from me. I might make the call & go take a look. Finishing up my '61 convertible and could always use a few of the hard to find convertible only parts. IF I go, I'll post a message a few days before so if anyone wants me to do some recon and report back I will.

Comment

How much is rust per pound these days? 2 grand for that car is kind of like paying $6 - $7 per gallon for gas.
              sigpic[SIGPIC]

Comment

Originally posted by rknight89 View Post
                Looks like it might be in a small salvage yard. The way the description reads, getting parts from it could be an option. Can't be more than 2 hours from me. I might make the call & go take a look. Finishing up my '61 convertible and could always use a few of the hard to find convertible only parts. IF I go, I'll post a message a few days before so if anyone wants me to do some recon and report back I will.
                That's how I interpreted it too. Yeah, let us know what you find on it.
                It does have a make an offer button to click on so who knows what they'd take. 289 4 bbl? That one picture you can really see the ground.
                It still has the chrome trim around the back top that people are always looking for. Maybe it was the car from that "My Three Sons" episode that someone found recently but this one has a column shift.

Comment

Originally posted by Bordeaux Daytona View Post
                  289 4 bbl? That one picture you can really see the ground.
                  It still has the chrome trim around the back top that people are always looking for.
                  As far as the "column shift" its an automatic. Your absolutly right though about the belt mouldings. It would be nice for someone if they could get these or have one to take them to a casting foundry, have molds made & cast them in bronze. They would then be easy to have chrome plated. I for one need the left side on my 62 & if I'm not mistaken, these are the same from 62 to 64.
                  59 Lark wagon, now V-8, H.D. auto!
                  60 Lark convertible V-8 auto
                  61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
                  62 Champ 3/4 ton 5 speed o/drive
                  62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
                  62 Daytona convertible V-8 4 speed & 62 Cruiser, auto.
                  63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
                  63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
                  64 Zip Van
                  66 Daytona Sport Sedan(327)V-8 4 speed
                  66 Cruiser V-8 auto

Comment

But it is a 1962 Blaze Red Daytona Convertible! Now if someone had a 1962 Blaze Red Daytona hardtop and wanted a matching pair... <G>

Comment

I've seen this on craigs list before. If it wasn't so much money I would look at it to build a convert. from a hard top.

Comment

Are the fresh air intakes above the headlights a rare option??

Comment

Originally posted by Dougie View Post
                          Are the fresh air intakes above the headlights a rare option??
                          LOL...Dougie, those are for keeping the brakes cool under hard braking.......Keep on Studebakering

Comment

I was really interested until I saw that the radiator cap was missing. I have too much on my plate right now to deal with an incomplete car.

Originally posted by plwindish View Post
                            How much is rust per pound these days? 2 grand for that car is kind of like paying $6 - $7 per gallon for gas.
                            I disagree with that statement. If you paid $7 per gallon for gasoline, you would still have gasoline, something which is useful. There just doesn't appear to be a whole lot on this car that could be saved. The engine was left exposed to the elements, every fender is rusted through. I suppose there are a few parts which could serve some purpose, but for the asking price listed you could probably get what you need from SI, and then they'd be repop or NOS, and you wouldn't need to pry them off an old car and/or refinish them.
                            '63 Lark Custom, 259 v8, auto, child seat

"Your friendly neighborhood Studebaker evangelist"

Comment

Didn't notice if the battery tie-down clamp was there or not. I love the added cooling vents in the tops of the fenders.
                              sigpic[SIGPIC]

Comment

Working...
                              X