Studebaker 1923 - Australian Restoration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebaker 1923 - Australian Restoration

Hello, It has been a while since our last post and she certainly has come a long way. Needless to say finding parts in Australia is an adventure. Would be intersted to hear if anyone can help us with 1923 Dustcovers, we would like to know which style is the correct one, as we the card had only 2 on it and each one was a different style.

Also looking for a 1923 Distributor Cap, One door handle, Studebaker Stoplight.

Our 23, is know as the "colonial" as it was shipped and then put together by Canadian Cycle Company in Brisbane, would just like to learn more about this operation. We have been in contact over the past year with a few other Australian's restoring the 1923 EM, but would love to hear from anyone in America who may have some extra knowledge and details they would like to share.

We just had our major "swop" meet in Toowomba this weekend, managed to find a couple of parts, but were always greeted with, 1923 Studebaker that's rare, can't help but good luck...hope our friends across the ocean an help us get her back on the road by mid this year. Will post some photos soon.

There are plenty of pre war Studebaker enthusiasts in Australia. I have over 150 members of the Historic Studebaker Register of Australasia and there are a few that have '23s. Shoot me an email if you like. davepink53@yahoo.com
    Dave Pink
    Victoria, Australia

1916 SF Roadster
    1925 ER Tourer
    1925 Panel Delivery
    1953 Champion Sedan
    1957 Golden Hawk
    1971 Avanti II

Studebaker Car Club Of Australia Website
    http://www.studebakercarclub.net

Comment

I'd like to know what a "dustcover" is. And as far as the dist cap goes, it might be best if we knew what engine this has.
      No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Originally posted by ljv0711 View Post
        Hello, It has been a while since our last post and she certainly has come a long way. Needless to say finding parts in Australia is an adventure. Would be intersted to hear if anyone can help us with 1923 Dustcovers, we would like to know which style is the correct one, as we the card had only 2 on it and each one was a different style.

Also looking for a 1923 Distributor Cap, One door handle, Studebaker Stoplight.

Our 23, is know as the "colonial" as it was shipped and then put together by Canadian Cycle Company in Brisbane, would just like to learn more about this operation. We have been in contact over the past year with a few other Australian's restoring the 1923 EM, but would love to hear from anyone in America who may have some extra knowledge and details they would like to share.

We just had our major "swop" meet in Toowomba this weekend, managed to find a couple of parts, but were always greeted with, 1923 Studebaker that's rare, can't help but good luck...hope our friends across the ocean an help us get her back on the road by mid this year. Will post some photos soon.
        Hello Dave, yes we have been in contact with you as well, we have the 1923 Studebaker in Toowoomba and yes we will contact you to see if other any of our 23 counterparts can help.

This is a 1923 EM Stubaker Light Six Tourer, known as the colonial, as the steel skin was shipped to Australia and then the timber frame built in Australia and also made as a right hand drive. This cannot be confused with the fully imported steel body, which is entirely different thought it came in at the same time. The motor is a 6 cylinder bore size 3 1/8th, clutch system open same as 1922, electrical system is Wagner on the inside of the distributor cap, it has a WA80 on it, we have been told that this distributor cap is an Australian made to fit the Wagner distributor. I will be taking photos of the distributor cap we have and also including measurements this weekend and post up again.

The dust cap we refer are what we call them here, in America you may call them hubcaps, but they are only about 3 inches in diameter and they keep the dust out of the bearings in the wheels, thus they named them Dust caps. maybe an Aussie slang, from the time which has stuck, but that is what we all call them here.

we would be interested to see photos of other Colonial's (not steel imported), which are in all the main brochures.

Comment

Working...
        X