Home from the Museum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Home from the Museum

Stu Cool is home from a month long visit to the California Auto Museum in Sacramento where he was showing off Studebaker Coolness to the public with 5 other Karel Staple Chapter Studes. Our Chapter's next public appearance will be at the Autorama at Cal Expo in Sacramento Feb 15-17 where we will have TEN, yes 10, Studebakers on display. The theme is Hawaii, so we will be dressing in grass skirts, leis and palm trees!

Pat Dilling
    Olivehurst, CA
    Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

I don't think I want to see Pat in a grass skirt...
    Neil Thornton

Comment

I wish I had that cool of Studebaker setting on one side of my 2 car garage!
      Randy Wilkin
      1946 M5 Streetrod
      Hillsboro,Ohio 45133

Comment

Originally posted by rockinhawk View Post
        I don't think I want to see Pat in a grass skirt...
        Me, either!
        sigpic
        Dave Lester

Comment

Originally posted by rodnutrandy View Post
          I wish I had that cool of Studebaker setting on one side of my 2 car garage!
          Me, too!!!!!!!!!!!!!
          sigpic
          Dave Lester

Comment

Originally posted by Studedude View Post
            Me, too!!!!!!!!!!!!!
            If I recall correctly you do have one, setting in a Quonset hut. Not sure about Randy, bet he has a nice one too

Maybe I'll skip the grass skirt and just go with the lei.
            Pat Dilling
            Olivehurst, CA

Comment

It better be more than a lei...you'll be arrested!
              Lou Van Anne
              62 Champ
              64 R2 GT Hawk
              79 Avanti II

Comment

So how do you like the CRV? to the right of the Stude ... we need a new SUV
                John
                Folsom CA

"Lone Dog ... No Woof"

www.cruisinnews.com

www.SacramentoSwapMeet.com

Comment

John, We are very happy with it, it is our second one, we kept the first one 10 years.
                  Pat Dilling
                  Olivehurst, CA

Comment

so thats how you paid for all the hot rods... hmmmm

could I convince my wife this is an SUV.. Sal has the hook in my wallet

see you at Auto Rama .. we will have a 'Hawaiian" Crosley truck or a 59 El Camino convertible in the Cruisin News Booth.. not sure which one we will tow in
                    Attached Files
                    John
                    Folsom CA

"Lone Dog ... No Woof"

www.cruisinnews.com

www.SacramentoSwapMeet.com

Comment

Pat, my Studebaker is beside our Suv for 2 reasons. 1. this up and down temperature makes the truck sweat if left in polebarn. 2.0 Inside car show on feb. 16th,17th and I can clean truck up in any weather while in basement. The Suv is a2009 we bought new,trading in a 2001 with 181,000 miles on it. the 2009 has unlimited drivetrain warranty. Our other suv is a2002 Grand Cherokee with 175,000 miles on it. Notice balls in exhaust of Studebaker ,so mice can't play in my exhaust . Truck will go back to polebarn after show,and the other Jeep return to basement. ( STILL LOVE your STUDEBAKER !!!! )
                      Attached Files
                      Randy Wilkin
                      1946 M5 Streetrod
                      Hillsboro,Ohio 45133

Comment

Thanks Randy, I think your truck is pretty cool too. Red Studebaker, silver SUV, I notice a trend here. My red one is in "my wife's garage" because the wagon is in the shop being worked on.
                        Pat Dilling
                        Olivehurst, CA

Comment

Hi Pat!

My Bride, and I are thinking about comming down to see the show, weather depending. Also would like to come to the chapter meeting, on the 17th. Where's a good place to park a pretty 'Stude at the Cal Expo ground?

Thanks, Doug

Comment

Doug, We would love to have you at the meeting. I have a deal for you, if you come to the meeting and will give me a ride over to Cal Expo afterwards, I have a parking pass in the exhibitor area that you can use. I need to get over there and then take my car out at the end of the day. Let me know.
                            Pat Dilling
                            Olivehurst, CA

Comment

OK, Pat.

I looked up the chapter calendar, and the monthly meet is sat. the 16th. Not Sunday, the 17th. So I was thinking that we would come down Sat. morning, Go to the show, and then attend the chapter meeting, stay over night, go to the show again on Sunday.

Anytime you want the ride, just ask. Be more than happy to.

We really look foward to meeting the fine folks "over there"

By the way, what time does the meeting start?

Doug
                              Last edited by Gold Hawk Doug; 02-06-2013, 02:29 PM. Reason: questions

Comment

Working...
                              X