Woo-Hoo: 1964 Daytona Set is Complete

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 8E45E View Post
    Does that figure include Hamilton production too? Or is it just South Bend production? Craig
    No, Craig; just South Bend. I do not know how many white convertibles were made in Hamilton, but would like to, in the event you determine the figure. BP

We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
    "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Originally posted by stude1964 View Post
      Bob
      Great job on the wagon! Did I detect headrests? As I've posted before I love all '64's! My Dad & I had a desire to collect 1 of every body style. He's gone now but I want to keep the Avanti,T Cab, Conv.,HT,GT as well as my '64 wagon.Good luck with your latest! Rob in PA.
      Thanks, Rob. Yes, the wagon was spec'd and built with individually-adjustable reclining front seats and head rests on both sides. ('Haven't tried the recliners yet to see if they are broken, though, but at least the seat backs stay in the "up" position!) BP
      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
      "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Originally posted by BobPalma
        'Have to wait until summertime; then I'll get them all out for a family photo. BP
        Corvanti was replying to Stude1964's post about his 1964 collection of the various models.
        Gary L.
        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
        Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Originally posted by studegary View Post
          Corvanti was replying to Stude1964's post about his 1964 collection of the various models.
          yes, it was. naturally, i want to see pics of BP's '64s, but i had read the others were hibernating in the stable until spring.

i thought stude1964 may have some "already taken" pics of his '64s to share with us.
          Kerry. SDC Member #A012596W. ENCSDC member.

'51 Champion Business Coupe - (Tom's Car). Purchased 11/2012.

'40 Champion. sold 10/11. '63 Avanti R-1384. sold 12/10.

Comment

I got ya stude1964. These are the photos I have - Rob can fill in the details about the two missing ones...

Only one that will probably be turned loose - owned by a very nice couple in York now.

Others:

Comment

Thanks '62 Champ!
              Yes the Cruiser is sold. The wagon is Laguna Blue w/blue int.,split recliners w/ headrests,289,4bbl,OD,duals, HH,FM,A/C,PS,PB,3rd seat,PRW,Tinted glass all around.The HT is 289,4bbl,4 spd ,duals,PDB,PS,recliners,headrests,A/C,tint,FM,TT,Pure fun! The T Cab is a 259 ,4bbl,T- 85,Simmons Duals, OD,tint glass,T 6.The '81 will be for sale at York. As far as my '64 Conv. it has'nt moved in 25 years but it's black/black/black,259,OD,4bbl,duals,A/C ,FM,tinted all around. The GT is Astra white,black 1/2 roof,289,4bbl,PS,PDB,PS,tint,FM,A/C,red gut,but needs resto as does the conv. I think I have all the parts to do these but recently lost my Dad as well as my body guy. Good luck to BP w/the wagon but coming from TX he probably may only need paint not metal repairs.BTW Vic now has the dash from my Uncle's '63 Wagonaire!

Comment

Bob, Congrats ! ! ! I remember when you were looking at my 64 Wagonaire as I had mistakenly called it a Daytona, when it was actually a Commander. I did end up selling my wagon. It's funny, but of all the cars I've owned over the years, I miss this one the most.
                sals54

Comment

Way to go BP!! I too enjoy my Wagonaire without PS or PB. It doesn't need them.
                  Bish
                  sigpic"Somewhere West of Newport Center"
                  1956 2E12 O/D SOLD!
                  1959 4E2 4spd, TT
                  1963 8E28 GSA order
                  1963 8E5 SOLD!
                  1963 Lark Daytona Wagonaire 289,O/D, TT

Comment

Working...
                  X