Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Picture of my Lark NOS Seat Covers - Now fixed - Thanks Will at Starlight and Jim at Riggs Brothers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Picture of my Lark NOS Seat Covers - Now fixed - Thanks Will at Starlight and Jim at Riggs Brothers

After an exhaustive search, Will at Starlight Studebaker found a set of NOS seat covers for my 62 Lark 2 door sedan. Only problem was that there weren't any to be found for the vinyl/cloth front seat backs for the split bench. So Will suggested sending me the complete set except he gave me front seat backs that were all vinyl. Since the vinyl insert is the same size as the cloth insert and the rest of the cover is the same, he sent me two additional rear seat backs so I could use the fabric to replace the vinyl on the front seat backs. After posting on the forum asking for an upholstery referral in the Chicago area, the referral in turn referred me to Jim at Riggs Brothers Auto Upholstery in St. Charles, IL. because of their work on Studebakers. I got the covers back today and they are perfect. I've attached a picture of one of the seat backs. Ignore the little shadow at the top welt. They are perfect. Will's price was very reasonable as was Riggs. The total cost was less than a set of repro covers and are now as original. I've read some posts where people have gotten a little frustrated waiting for Will to respond. I had to wait too, but it is a part time business for him and in the end was well worth the wait. Thanks to all.

Click image for larger version

Name:	100_1772.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	88.3 KB
ID:	1737979

Will you be installing these yourself or have Riggs install them? Look forward to seeing these on your seats. Best of luck!
    sigpic
    In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

Hi Doug,

How long did it take to get the covers from Will?

Comment

Originally posted by Milaca View Post
        Will you be installing these yourself or have Riggs install them? Look forward to seeing these on your seats. Best of luck!
        I'll be installing them myself. I've done seat covers before. It's not hard. But it will be a few months. I had them done now to take advantage of winter pricing at Riggs.

It took seeveral months to get the covers from Starlight, but it's interesting when I dropped them off I was talking to Jim at Riggs I told him I got them from the guy in Colorado (I couldn't rmemebr Will's name (senior moment) who bought the old SASCO inventory. When I picked them up he told me his guy that worked on them commented on them and asked if I got them from Colorado as he understood that the guy (Will) had several trailers full and that it was a treasure trove but nothing was sorted or labeled. I told Jim that Will is a teacher full time and works on the upholstery on weekends. We decided that Will should offer his students extra credit to work on sorting the upholstery after school lol.

Comment

Don't ya just love it when a plan comes together. cheers jimmijim
          sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

Glad to hear Will came through for you. gives me hope.
            sigpic1957 Packard Clipper Country Sedan

"There's nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer"
            Lt. Col. Jimmy Doolittle
            "I have a great memory for forgetting things" Number 1 son, Lee Chan

Comment

Working...
            X