forrest - '55 Speedster Parts Needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• forrest - '55 Speedster Parts Needed

I don't know how to use forums and the like but here goes!
    I own a 55 speedster yellow and green with all the bells and whistles. until a months or two ago it was a beauty, a show stopper. while sitting at a stop sign a lady turned left to sharp and clipped the grill, bumper and left fender dang near off. I have looked in all our junk yards with no results. does anyone out there know where I can find a complete grill and inner and outer fender and hood for the above car. sheet metal parts seem to be very hard to find.

any help would be greatly appreciated

Sad news, very sad news, indeed!!!

Q. Why isn't HER insurance company doing all the leg-work & repairs to bring your Speedster back up to "Show Stopper" condition???

Comment

NOS grill center just sold on E-Pay for $1,130...hope her insurance does NOT give you the run-around. Best of luck

Comment

I have a good hood you can have if you come get it. Doug - 310/645-3438 near LAX

Comment

Forrrest sorry to hear of you damaged car. Try Bob Peterson in the S F Bay area. I have a grill that you could paint recroming would be very costly. PM if interested Stephen

Comment

Call Barry Hackney in Houston, TX. 281-787-6230. He sells used parts and can have items rechromed. I just ordered a couple pieces for my Speedster from him this morning.

Comment

That grille above was a no sale as it didn't meet the reserve.

Comment

Great, then the dumb a$$'s Insurance Co. can buy that Grille for a likely $2000.00 that's just the price of not looking where you are going or texting while driving.
                StudeRich
                Second Generation Stude Driver,
                Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Wow, sorry to hear about the mishap, hope no one was hurt. Terrible nightmare for unique classic car owner. The complete front end chrome for a Speedster is listed on the Studebaker Swap page:

http://www.studebakerswap.com/swap/showads.php

Ad number is 11518

You insurance company should be helping with this I would think, and doing the communication with hers for you. Good luck getting back the way it was.
                  Pat Dilling
                  Olivehurst, CA
                  Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Comment

Ed,another Speedster for your list <G>
                    Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

Tell the insurance co. to find the parts and get it fixed asap, tell them if you need to find them you will need front money to do so then go after the nos front grille pieces and get them all, tell them the hood will cost about $1000.00 and about the same for the fender, don't for get the stainless, and the head light ring also top of fender spear, did the hood ornament get damaged? if so that is a heavy item.
                      Candbstudebakers
                      Castro Valley,
                      California

Comment

forrest, for the swap page ad, click on the link below, click Back to the Swap Page on the bottom, click on January Ads, then scroll down to near the bottom to find the 55 grille. The email in the ad is jeffanne2@verizon.net

http://www.studebakerswap.com/swap/showads.php
                        Last edited by studefan; 01-28-2013, 03:48 PM.

Comment

To: forrest,------Sorry to hear of the accident. This may be a lousy time to ask, but if You have a chance, would You mind posting the serial and body numbers of Your car (for the roster index) Thanks!

Comment

Forrest,

I don't know if you've seen it yet, but there is a very rough Speedster for sale on the H.A.M.B. board listed for $2800 obo. Click this link.
                            Mike O'Handley, Cat Herder Third Class
                            Kenmore, Washington
                            hausdok@msn.com

'58 Packard Hawk
                            '05 Subaru Baja Turbo
                            '71 Toyota Crown Coupe
                            '69 Pontiac Firebird
                            (What is it with me and discontinued/orphan cars?)

Comment

I would jump all over this if I were you Forrest!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Studebaker-C...206eff&vxp=mtr

Comment

Working...
                              X