Come On Down To The Wichita Kansas Swap Meet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Come On Down To The Wichita Kansas Swap Meet

Its that time of year again. The Midway chapter is holding its annual membership drive at the Wichita Kansas Wichita A's Sunflower Swap Meet.

We have our booth on the South side of Building #1. Space A-26. We will be handing out coffee, peanuts, Turning Wheels and Studebaker Good Will.

So if not a member and would like to be stop by. We will also sign for the local chapter as well.

http://wichitaas.com/swapmeet/swapmeet.html

Located at The Kansas Pavilions 85th St. North and I-35, Wichita,Kansas.

Friday, February 1st 8:00 am until 6:00pm.

Saturday, February 2nd 8:00 am until 4:00 pm.

Also we like seeing all of our Friends from other chapters, So stop on by and say "Howdy".

If you have something to post on our Studebaker TradingPost Board

stop on by and we will put it up, Studebaker Related of course.

SEE YOU THERE!!!!!

Malcom Gillette
    Midway Chapter President.

We will be there weather permitting. Don't make the coffee quit so strong. Last year it wouldn't hardly pour out of the cup. How is Karin feeling?

Comment

HI Carl,The coffee shouldn't be quite as strong, Chris is buying a new coffee maker. Besides, I think its the water and wasn't the coffee. Karin is doing good, finished her first round of Chemo, will do the
      CT scan and see if they find anything, and I hope they don't, God willing.

Comment

We are praying for her.

Comment

Yes, Carl - a new Mr. Coffee, some fresh grinds, clean cups and fresh water.
          Bring Betty on by, it will be great to see you both!
          The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

Looks like the Perkins, OK contingent will make it once again.

Looking forward to seeing you guys!!
            sigpic
            Dave Lester

Comment

OK, Ossifer Dave!
              The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

Just in case anyone was interested, the weather is supposed to be pretty nice for this time of year.

http://www.google.com/webhp#sclient=...w=1651&bih=869

Boy that link is a mouthfull, in some years past it was all snow and ice and 0 degrees.

Though I really don't know what squiggley lines are about. Wind maybe?

Malco Gillette

Comment

Malcom and I just finished setting the tables and so on at the Swap Meet.
                  Spankin new Mr. Coffee and fresh Maxwell House ready to go.
                  COME ON BY!

Comment

Had a great day at the Swap Meet!
                    We had members from Oklahoma, Nebraska, and Missouri stop by - as well as our own Midway members.
                    We also had a couple salt racers drop by - they both drive Studebakers - and I was honored to have a couple famous custom car guys chatting with me for awhile. (no need to drop names)
                    Hope day 2 will be just as fun!
                    Last edited by Chris Pile; 02-01-2013, 10:55 PM.

Comment

Had a great day at the swap meet.

Drove a total of five hours to get there and back.

Spent about 5 hours walking through 4 large buildings, including the car corral. (No Studes)

Spent $1 on an item, forgot, and left it at the Stude club table.

Spent precious little time visiting with Stude friends. I always appreciate the coffee, peanuts, peanut brittle, chairs, and hospitality at the booth. The fellows there always allow my group to leave items at the booth until we are ready to leave, so that we don't have to tote things 'n stuff all over the place for hours.

I always leave wishing I had spent more time just shootin' the breeze with Chirs, Malcom, and the other Stude folks that drop by. Too much to take in, too little time.

Thanks again, Chris and Malcom!!

(Sorry we missed Carl and Betty, too.)
                      Last edited by Studedude; 02-02-2013, 06:53 PM.
                      sigpic
                      Dave Lester

Comment

Dave - we loved having you, and wish you could sit a spell and laugh with us! I wrote down as many SDC members as I could who dropped by to chat with us, and it covered almost a whole page. There were some whose names I didn't catch - but we shared a smile with them anyway. Thanks for coming by to brighten our day!

We had a wonderful time this weekend at the meet. We gave away about 90 Turning Wheels, 7 pots of coffee, 2 batches of home-made cookies, 1 large batch of perfect peanut brittle, a whole crockpot of chili, and a whole crockpot of spicy nachos. In turn, visitors to our booth donated over $40 to the Studebaker National Museum. We had 3 current members renew their memberships, and 2 former members rejoined the club. Several folks took sign-up sheets for the national club, promising to send in their money soon.

It's hard work having so much fun with such great people! Let's do it again next year, OK?

Comment

Working...
                        X