Stude Pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stude Pics

I am constantly trying to learn how to take decent pictures of cars. I thought I had some pretty good shots of the '54 from last week's visit to our car club house. But, I was wrong!

While we were there, a lady dropped by, and asked to take some pictures of our old cars. She drug out equipment (sun blockers/extra flashers on stands, etc.) and went to work.

She sent me three pics today, and said she would send more later.

It's official... I'm not a photographer!

sigpic
    Dave Lester

Sweet!!!!!

Comment

Really spectacular color on this Stude.

Comment

WOW! That first pic almost makes those wheels look good on Sheba. All the pix are great.
        Jerry Forrester
        Forrester's Chrome
        Douglasville, Georgia

See all of Buttercup's pictures at https://imgur.com/a/tBjGzTk

Comment

Love this speedo!

sigpic
          Dave Lester

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry Forrester View Post
            WOW! That first pic almost makes those wheels look good on Sheba. All the pix are great.
            Jerry? Is that you?? <GGG>

Thanks!
            sigpic
            Dave Lester

Comment

Ofcourse you're a photographer, only not the same kind as that lady, so keep on!
              I aint one either, but I just can't stop...Click image for larger version

Name:	StudeMopar14.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	93.5 KB
ID:	1678679

Comment

Taking car pic's is like taking horse pic's...
                It takes a hundred pic's to get one good pic.
                And even then, the perfect car pic is often ruined by the pole, or wire, or shadow in the background.
                (or the shadow of the photographer in the foreground)

Like in real estate, a truly great pic depends on location, location, location.....
                HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Originally posted by Nox View Post
                  Ofcourse you're a photographer, only not the same kind as that lady, so keep on!
                  I aint one either, but I just can't stop...[ATTACH=CONFIG]20593[/ATTACH]
                  Nox, is that scissors jack anchored to the floor ? The car looks very precarious the way it appears to b sitting on it. Kinda top heavy, and easy to fall over. Yes/no ?

Comment

Sheba looks good!

I agree with Jeff. Unless you actually know what you're doing, it's a matter of getting lucky.

And sometimes, you do get lucky! Even if that means hanging out of an Avanti. Pretty shiny for paint that was laid down in 1963, eh?

Last edited by mbstude; 01-25-2013, 07:00 AM.

Comment

Yep Joe Hall, I'm quite a wild-head who likes it exiting!
                      But seriously, I had it like that several times & it loox worse than it is (or was).
                      I took the pic just when the rear axle was installed the 1:st time to see how it would compete with the "new wide-track 1960 Pontiac"...

What I meant with the pic is that ofcourse I could've put a sheet behind the car & used a flash to get rid of the shadow on the trunk/rear but then it would NOT have been a true picture as it actually looked at the time.
                      I only bother 'bout angle & free view when I take pictures, so ofcourse I'm no photographer!

Comment

Matt, if I had known that Avanti pic was going to turn out that well I would have run her up to 100 or so to get more highway blur at the front.
                        Jim
                        Often in error, never in doubt
                        http://rabidsnailracing.blogspot.com/

____1966 Avanti II RQA 0088_______________1963 Avanti R2 63R3152____________http://rabidsnailracing.blogspot.com/

Comment

Dang Matt, that's an excellent photo.
                          Chris Dresbach

Comment

Jim, don't you remember that we were almost out of fuel as it was? Drag racing made that R2 thirsty.

That's probably the best photo out of thousands that I've ever taken. Definitely my favorite, either way.

Comment

Originally posted by mbstude View Post
                              Jim, don't you remember that we were almost out of fuel as it was? Drag racing made that R2 thirsty.

That's probably the best photo out of thousands that I've ever taken. Definitely my favorite, either way.

I remember that day Matt, it was a great day wasn't it?
                              sigpic
                              John
                              63R-2386
                              Resto-Mod by Michael Myer

Comment

Working...
                              X