Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1953-61 reproduction C and K rear quarter panels

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 1953-61 reproduction C and K rear quarter panels

    First off I want to introduce myself.
    I'm Steven Tomblin with Goodmark industries.
    I'm located in Southern California.

    You may be aware of Goodmark Industries but if not we are a distributor of classic car products and our specialty is stamped sheet metal.

    We have been working on developing rear quarter panels for 1953-61 C and K bodies and our first prototype set is due around mid February.
    I need to fit them to a car and let the manufacture know if they can be approved for production or if minor changes are necessary.

    Does anyone in the Los Angeles or Orange County area have a car I could fit theses panels on?
    The car can be rusty but it must be straight and free from collision damage.

    If you have a car and are interested please send me a private message with your contact information and I'll call you to discuss.
    Or, you can call me at 909-764-4803. If I don't answer please leave a message and I'll call you back.

    Thank you for your help,
    Steve

  • #2
    Steven, thanks for posting, I was wondering what the status of this was. I'm the guy who found you the NOS panels at the start of this project, working with one of your former employees here in the Atlanta area. Good to see this become a reality!

    Comment


    • #3
      I'm aware of your company and its good reputation, Steve. These fenders will likely enjoy a good reception.

      (BTW: It's a good idea to identify them as fenders in Studebaker parlance, rather than quarter panels. Technically, quarter panels on those cars are the odd-shaped panels that go between the fender and the deck lid on each side.)

      Thank you for undertaking this project. May it will be as profitable for your company as it is beneficial to the Studebaker world. (Hopefully, you have contacted Ed Reynolds at Studebaker International about "handling" them, as well as your own direct sales, if you plan to offer them directly.)

      Bob Palma
      Technical Editor
      Turning Wheels
      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

      Ayn Rand:
      "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

      G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by silver69 View Post
        First off I want to introduce myself.
        I'm Steven Tomblin with Goodmark industries.
        I'm located in Southern California.

        You may be aware of Goodmark Industries but if not we are a distributor of classic car products and our specialty is stamped sheet metal.

        We have been working on developing rear quarter panels for 1953-61 C and K bodies and our first prototype set is due around mid February.
        I need to fit them to a car and let the manufacture know if they can be approved for production or if minor changes are necessary.

        Does anyone in the Los Angeles or Orange County area have a car I could fit theses panels on?
        The car can be rusty but it must be straight and free from collision damage.

        If you have a car and are interested please send me a private message with your contact information and I'll call you to discuss.
        Or, you can call me at 909-764-4803. If I don't answer please leave a message and I'll call you back.

        Thank you for your help,
        Steve
        WELCOME ...to the SDC Forum!!!

        Comment


        • #5
          Dream come true!

          How soon may we expect the front fenders to begin arriving?

          jack vines
          PackardV8

          Comment


          • #6
            Steve,

            This is a wonderful thing to hear. I have several NOS quarters mostly left. So hopefully soon I ca but the right sides to match up. There are a lot of west coast Stude guys so I hope it doesnt take to long for you to find a doner body.

            Now I know I am getting ahead of things but "if" these turn out decent and "if" they sell are you planning on any additions? Doors? Front fenders? If you need doors to copy I have NOS shells for the 53-56 and 57-61 C-body. I would loan them to you but not part with them. Let me know if you are interested.

            One last thought. There are some some decent parts out there but they are limited in what they can fix. Now with a few more quality parts for the rust prone areas a really rough car could be brought back to life with the hopes of it lasting. There are a lot of C/K bodies out there lurking. Lets fix 'em. Sorry for going on and on but its like I'm dreaming!

            Regards,

            Jon Kammer

            Comment


            • #7
              Steve,
              I bought many, many parts from you guys way back when I was in the muscle car/ Mustang parts business. Great products and service. I'm glad to see you taking on this project.
              Jamie McLeod
              Hope Mills, NC

              1963 Lark "Ugly Betty"
              1958 Commander "Christine"
              1964 Wagonaire "Louise"
              1955 Commander Sedan
              1964 Champ
              1960 Lark

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by mbstude View Post
                Steven, thanks for posting, I was wondering what the status of this was. I'm the guy who found you the NOS panels at the start of this project, working with one of your former employees here in the Atlanta area. Good to see this become a reality!
                Hi Matthew,
                Thanks for locating the NOS panels, Rick Kamen was the guy you delt with way back then.
                It has been a long wait but the dies are fianlly done and my sample set left a couple of weeks ago.
                I'm looking forward to receiving them soon.

                Best regards,
                Steve

                Comment


                • #9
                  Bob, thanks for the tip as these panels are in fact the bolt on rear fenders.
                  Steve

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by PackardV8 View Post
                    Dream come true!

                    How soon may we expect the front fenders to begin arriving?

                    jack vines
                    Jack,
                    The rear fenders are our first Studebaker project.
                    Once we see how they do for us we'll evaluate doing more items.

                    Thank you,
                    Steve

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by 3x2stude View Post
                      Steve,

                      This is a wonderful thing to hear. I have several NOS quarters mostly left. So hopefully soon I ca but the right sides to match up. There are a lot of west coast Stude guys so I hope it doesnt take to long for you to find a doner body.

                      Now I know I am getting ahead of things but "if" these turn out decent and "if" they sell are you planning on any additions? Doors? Front fenders? If you need doors to copy I have NOS shells for the 53-56 and 57-61 C-body. I would loan them to you but not part with them. Let me know if you are interested.

                      One last thought. There are some some decent parts out there but they are limited in what they can fix. Now with a few more quality parts for the rust prone areas a really rough car could be brought back to life with the hopes of it lasting. There are a lot of C/K bodies out there lurking. Lets fix 'em. Sorry for going on and on but its like I'm dreaming!

                      Regards,

                      Jon Kammer
                      Jon,
                      Thanks for the offer on the door shells but you wouldn't want us to use them.
                      To reproduce a door shell they'd need to be cut apart and they wouldn't come back!

                      For now I just want to focus on the rear fenders, I need to get them approved and palced on order.
                      If all goes well more products will follow.

                      Thanks again,
                      Steve

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Steve,

                        I figured as much but like I said earlier I just got excited. I am in no hurry to use the doors so they will be around. A habit of mine is to use the near perfect stuff on your driver and save the perfect for the future. Out of curiosity sake, if a part like the door is a mirror image do you need both to copy? If an NOS door skin could be found that might be a better venue to go after. I will be patient but keep us posted. I am sure I will be on the wait list once they are offered.

                        JK

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Steve:
                          I am in Los Angeles and I have a '56 Sky Hawk parts car that you could trial fit your fenders to. Please email me at brngarage@gmail.com.
                          Thanks.
                          Howard - Los Angeles chapter SDC
                          '53 Commander Starliner (Finally running and driving, but still in process)
                          '56 Golden Hawk (3 speed/overdrive, Power steering - Running, but not yet driving)
                          '62 GT Hawk (4 speed, A/C, Power steering - running and DRIVING!)

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            So far no one has brought up the fact that the 53-56 are different by design at the upper rear than the 57-64, not much but they are different. So what one are being made?
                            Candbstudebakers
                            Castro Valley,
                            California


                            Comment


                            • #15
                              I wonder if this might bring down the cost of NOS fendors ( $800 a pair some times) depending on how much the repo's will be of course. Hope he can tool up for front fendors! I am restoring a Z28 Camaro at the minute using Goodmark panels and I am very happy with the fitup of the panels etc ...rear fendors, floor pan, rockers, tailight panel.
                              Brian Greenall
                              Melbourne, OZ
                              sigpic

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X