Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1958 Golden projct on Ebay "Vehicle has a rare 259CID Supercharged V8'

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Stude...item19d85eb252

Package deal - comes with a 58 President. And it has a rare 259CID Supercharged V8
    sigpic

Packardbakerly,
    J.D.

Seller knows enough to know it has GT Hawk rear fenders/taillights, doesn't have 14" wheels. Maybe the 259" was just a typo.

Two caveats:

1. Just because a car is in Montana today doesn't mean it spent its life there. I learned the hard way when a "solid California car" had severe rust patched with Missouri license plates!

2. That statement "Owner also has a 289 V8 available from a 1958 Studebaker President." is just chickenshift. State clearly what is included and/or how much additional it is. Again, the "available" once turned out to be at three times the usual market price.

Personally, I'm not afraid of modified cars. Could be an interesting project, but I don't need any more of those just now. Anyone think the $6500 BIN is a go?

jack vines
    PackardV8

Comment

I would not give 6500 for it. Advertised as having a 259, so where are this engine and transmission? All I see is an empty engine compartment. Are the supercharger bits all present? I do see the blower in the trunk. Some gaps in the description though.
      Last edited by 41 Frank; 01-23-2013, 11:28 AM.
      Frank van Doorn
      Omaha, Ne.
      1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed
      1941 Champion streetrod, R-2 Powered, GM 200-4R trans.
      1952 V-8 232 Commander State "Starliner" hardtop OD

Comment

It's a warning sign to me when I see a blue body tag screwed to a black cowl.
        Rob

Comment

OUCH! The car is described as a "survivor."

If that's a survivor, I'd hate to see a car the seller would describe as "a previously torn-up, heavily-modified car without its original engine and half the needed parts, most of which rare and expensive, needed to restore it as an original car." BP
          We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
          "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Is it just me or are the tail lights at the wrong angle?
            Jamie McLeod
            Hope Mills, NC

1963 Lark "Ugly Betty"
            1958 Commander "Christine"
            1964 Wagonaire "Louise"
            1955 Commander Sedan
            1964 Champ
            1960 Lark

Comment

Originally posted by starliner62 View Post
              Is it just me or are the tail lights at the wrong angle?
              Well, they're GT Hawk tailights, so they may have been mounted "off" a little bit due to all the work the guy did on the rear fenders. BP

We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
              "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

I like the red frame....
                It is an addiction!

Comment

The '58 President sedan actually looks kind of nice!

Comment

The rear fender flares are a piece of work.

Comment

Heck... My 57 GH, even with an incorrect power train (58L/T-86) and the wrong hood, at $3,000 strikes me as a better deal than that At least you know what you're getting... jim

Comment

What a sad example of a rare car.

Comment

Wrong power steering it or could you have either type in 58? I have 2 57 GH's better than that for sale.
                          Candbstudebakers
                          Castro Valley,
                          California

Comment

Originally posted by SN-60 View Post
                            The '58 President sedan actually looks kind of nice!
                            I agree, I like it better.

Comment

If he'd throw in the 58 sedan, it would be worth his asking price. After all, the rear fenders will soon be available new.
                              Bez Auto Alchemy
                              573-318-8948
                              http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

Comment

Working...
                              X