Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wheel Cover I.D.

I have four of these:

This one is the worst of the four. All have some dents/scratches, faded paint.

14". Model, vintage, value?
    sigpic
    Dave Lester

Looking at the SI Catalog, that appears to be for "1961 All models", but 1961s used 15" wheels. If yours are 14", I have no idea.

Comment

Dave: Those have to be 15." All 1961s and 1963 Hawks. BP
      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
      "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
        Dave: Those have to be 15." All 1961s and 1963 Hawks. BP

Value?
        sigpic
        Dave Lester

Comment

Whatever a eBay bidder will pay depending on condition of all 4, start at $40.00 a set.
          StudeRich
          Second Generation Stude Driver,
          Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Anybody need 'em?
            sigpic
            Dave Lester

Comment

Dave,
              I hate to say this, but if the other 3 are as beat up as this one, it may be tough to give them away.

They were used from 61-64 all car models in various paint schemes (same stamping). With good, undented ones (or ones that MB has worked), you can strip them and use the stickers available from a forum member here to make them any year/model you want.

Dick Steinkamp
              Bellingham, WA

Comment

If Matt wants them, I'll give them to him. He can give them new life, which will, in turn, help someone else's project come together.

Matt, are they worth shipping to you?
                sigpic
                Dave Lester

Comment

I'll have to pass Dave, but I appreciate the offer. I've got a few NOS ones that I haven't been able to give away.

Comment

Recycle time!

Not really... I wouldn't do that... wall hangy thingys!
                    Last edited by Studedude; 01-24-2013, 10:52 PM.
                    sigpic
                    Dave Lester

Comment

They make good trailer wheel covers if you aren't anal about the car trailer's appearance.
                      sigpic
                      Lark Parker --Just an innocent possum strolling down life's highway.

Comment

Yup, unfortunately those are a dime a dozen because Studebaker made so many of them for so long. I have about 12(?) sitting in a pile in my parts room for no apparent reason other than to have them. Out of all the years they used that style of wheel cover, I think 1962 looked the best with the red centers.
                        Chris Dresbach

Comment

Working...
                        X