64 GT airdam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 64 GT airdam

Painting a 80000 mile GT and noticed part of airdam has been blacked out . Car is Astra white. Is the black out from the factory. Thanks David

Yes the inside portion should be flat Black, also the bottom brace portion of the hood that goes across behind the Grille.

It is THE most often missed part that looks terrible on White Cars if it is left body Color.

'64's are one of or THE Best Hawks ever, congrats on owning one!

I just hope that you are able to get the CORRECT Astra White color.
    Most '64's I see have been repainted GM stark white, refrigerator White (a Blue White), or a color like the '63 Ermine White which is a Yellow off-white. Astra is a GRAY off-White.
    We had it crossed to '65 VW White which may be very close or perfect. Good luck.
    Last edited by StudeRich; 01-22-2013, 03:50 PM.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

The best way to pick your color if you have a fairly large area where the paint is stiil good is to take it to your paint supplier and have them do a readout on it or ask if they have what they call a color map book. It has most of the colors in it with vairiations of different shades.

Comment

Thanks StudeRich. That is exactly how it was when I took it off. My RM rep said they can do the Astra white. They have been able to formulate about anything I have asked for. Think the problem occurs when people walk in off street and ask for a color formula on a one time request. But, who I used to get paint from always said they couldn't either. David

Comment

Originally posted by prez55 View Post
          Painting a 80000 mile GT and noticed part of airdam has been blacked out . Car is Astra white. Is the black out from the factory. Thanks David
          Is this Harold's car?
          Paul
          Winston-Salem, NC
          Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com

Comment

H

Originally posted by r1lark View Post
            Is this Harold's car?
            Yes But we call him H
            Jack White
            Charlotte,NC
            North Carolina Studebaker Drivers Club

Comment

Working...
            X