No announcement yet.

current offer on my 65....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have an interest and live in WA, but I'm about to leave on a 2 month motorhome trip. I sent you a PM on it... I've got a BW automatic from a Jag, a Powerglide, A turbo200R4, a couple Turbo7004R's available just sitting in the shop, so I'm wired there. How good is the engine?
    Corley
    Corley

Comment

Originally posted by Corley View Post
      I have an interest and live in WA, but I'm about to leave on a 2 month motorhome trip. I sent you a PM on it... I've got a BW automatic from a Jag, a Powerglide, A turbo200R4, a couple Turbo7004R's available just sitting in the shop, so I'm wired there. How good is the engine?
      Corley
      PM Sent. Engine is decent. Was a strong runner. Didn't hesitate to daily drive it. Like my craigslist ad states, it does have an exhaust leak, but I have the gaskets for it.
      1960 Lark VIII Regal Wagon

Comment

Still avail. $600 to club members.

Comment

I'm amazed nobody's biting on this. I suppose, they probably have the same excuses I do: No money, no time, no space. All the same, you could buy this thing, strip off the two front fenders and you'd be cash ahead. Even if you were just going to part out this car (which would be a true shame, in my opinion), there's money to be had.

If I still had my tools man, I'd be highly tempted. Even with the cost of transport, I imagine that the final cost to get this on the road would be on par, if not better than buying a car locally. As it is, I'm in the same boat; I can't give mine away for below scrap value. Keep on truckin'.
          '63 Lark Custom, 259 v8, auto, child seat

"Your friendly neighborhood Studebaker evangelist"

Comment

As tempting as it is to part the car, I intend to sell it complete. I've had a few people email about parts.

Comment

Originally posted by cultural infidel View Post
              As tempting as it is to part the car, I intend to sell it complete. I've had a few people email about parts.
              I'm too far away otherwise I'd jump all over your car for what you're asking and toss either a TH350 or 700R4 under it.
              --------------------------------------

Sold my 1962; Studeless at the moment

Borrowed Bams50's sigline here:

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Comment

Originally posted by 1962larksedan View Post
                I'm too far away otherwise I'd jump all over your car for what you're asking and toss either a TH350 or 700R4 under it.
                with either combo, it would be a great ride!

Comment

Is this car a V8 or a six? I have a couple of McKinnon pattern Flightomatics here that are probably good. Given that the problem is failure to go into reverse, chances are you could do a quickie transmission swap by leaving the converter in place, and just changing the main tranny case. Two hour job, max, unless you run into some sort of snag.
                  Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands

Comment

Gord, It is a V8, 283. The transmission fails to go in to drive and reverse. The trans itself, I believe, is shot.

Comment

Gord, It is a V8, 283. The transmission fails to go in to drive and reverse. The trans itself, I believe, is shot.
                      Most likely. Does it go into low? If it will go into low, then the converter is probably OK, although it may have debris in it. If the converter is bad enough to not drive the car at all, I'd expect some nasty noises.

I hope to be able to go to the spring Monroe Swap in May. I could throw one of my spare FOM's in the back of the Suburban.
                      Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands

Comment

If I recall correctly, it wont go in to L. But I guess I could give it a go sometime this week. Are you thinking about bringing a trans because you are interested in the car Gord?

Comment

Anyone? Dave? Haha

Comment

Anyone? Dave? Haha
                            See reply #10 and #24...

That's where I am at presently,
                            and most of March looks that way too.
                            StudeDave '57
                            US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
                            SDC Member since 1985

past President
                            Whatcom County Chapter SDC
                            San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
                            San Diego Chapter SDC
                            North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

Originally posted by StudeDave57 View Post
                              See reply #10 and #24...

That's where I am at presently,
                              and most of March looks that way too.
                              Sorry to hear that.

Price is now $500 for SDC Members. That is my bottom line, firm price.

Comment

How do you guys think my car might do on eBay? Pondering going that route.

Comment

Working...
                                X