No announcement yet.

current offer on my 65....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

got another offer from a scrapper. Vultures, the lot of em.
    1960 Lark VIII Regal Wagon

Comment

Anybody have a correct trans to bolt in? The car in the o/p is an automatic. I am due for another vacation. Steve
      Last edited by wolfie; 01-25-2013, 02:35 PM.
      sigpic

Comment

I've got the correct AT for a 65/66 V8 in my folk's garage...

Like a lot of us, the price on the car is right but the distance is a bit far

Jeff T.
        \"I\'m getting nowhere as fast as I can\"
        The Replacements.

Comment

I paid scrap value for my '64 Cruiser, which was $400 this past December.
          Chris Dresbach

Comment

Sean, if you have room at the new "hacienda", i'd cover her up and wait for a suitable trans to show up at a nearby salvage yard or T-85 owner in the northwest. no way should you let it go to China!

put her up on ebay, a "Turning Wheels" ad, maybe other sites, if you really want/need to sell her right now.

if she doesn't go to a good "Stude home" (Dave? ), i think you'll have a bad case of "seller's remorse" - as i did with the Avanti and especially the '40.
            Kerry. SDC Member #A012596W. ENCSDC member.

'51 Champion Business Coupe - (Tom's Car). Purchased 11/2012.

'40 Champion. sold 10/11. '63 Avanti R-1384. sold 12/10.

Comment

T-85 trans is that the auto or stick? I have a good 3 sp overdrive from a 58 sliver hawk 6 cyl. I will sell.

Comment

I'd like to find a T85 OD. All I need is the R11 OD.
                Jim
                Often in error, never in doubt
                http://rabidsnailracing.blogspot.com/

____1966 Avanti II RQA 0088_______________1963 Avanti R2 63R3152____________http://rabidsnailracing.blogspot.com/

Comment

The T85 is a manual. I'd like to find a T85 OD. All I need is the R11 OD.
                  Jim
                  Often in error, never in doubt
                  http://rabidsnailracing.blogspot.com/

____1966 Avanti II RQA 0088_______________1963 Avanti R2 63R3152____________http://rabidsnailracing.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Corvanti View Post
                    Sean, if you have room at the new "hacienda", i'd cover her up and wait for a suitable trans to show up at a nearby salvage yard or T-85 owner in the northwest. no way should you let it go to China!

put her up on ebay, a "Turning Wheels" ad, maybe other sites, if you really want/need to sell her right now.

if she doesn't go to a good "Stude home" (Dave? ), i think you'll have a bad case of "seller's remorse" - as i did with the Avanti and especially the '40.
                    I will not let it go to China. That much I can assure you. I received two more emails regarding recycling from the same company. In a few delicate words, I more or less told them to pound sand.

Right now it is sitting in my garage and there is room outside. And If I can get some gravel put down in the near future (it is a grass strip as of now), the 65 will be pushed outside and parked on the gravel so that the 60 can be pushed in. I hadn't thought about putting an ad in TW. I would really like it if an SDC member were to purchase it so that I know it is going to a good home.

Comment

I parked an MGB GT on those 18" x 18" x 2" concrete pavers - and then covered it with a tarp. It stored like that for about 3 years. I can understand not having $$ for a project, but this appears to be too nice to part out / scrap. Like the others, I suggest you 'hide it' - with tarp and - you might even use some fence posts and a 4' x 8' section of lattice - that hides stuff really easily. Then, you just need to uncover it on nice days and let it air / dry out....

Save some cash (over a year, or so) & get the tranny rebuilt.

Or - sell it - advertise it more than here and C/L - get the word out - these venues are good, but limited.

Drew

Comment

I would like to have this car as a year around driver but shipping from wa. is not going to be cost effective. Now if I could talk some of the guy's into a road trip. Hum.

Comment

here is a link to a bunch of pics that I took tonight: http://www.flickr.com/photos/4479111...7632681999433/
                          fun little car that needs work.

on a side note, anyone looking for a 1943 WWII Stretcher or 1940 Washington plates? Both are also for sale.
                          Last edited by cultural infidel; 02-03-2013, 10:50 PM.

Comment

I'd definitely hold out and keep it like your planning. I remember that car when the Bells had it, but as then as now; I can't afford to pull the trigger on it. (Which is sad, because I work along side my dad in his transmission shop...) Those transmissions turn up used or even as a older rebuilt unit fairly often if you look in the right places. A 700R4 would be the "bee's knee's" as far as conversions to it would be; it would be a wonderful driver then.
                            Dylan Wills
                            Everett, Wa.

1961 Lark 4 door wagon
                            1961 Lark 4 door wagon #2 (Wife's car!)
                            1955 VW Beetle (Went to the dark side)
                            1914 Ford Model T

Comment

You know, a transmission isn't that heavy. If someone had a working transmission, they could arguably ship it to Washington and then fly in, do the swap, and drive home, which in the end would probably cost less than having a transport service ship the whole car. You'd get a decent car and a fun little adventure in the process.
                              '63 Lark Custom, 259 v8, auto, child seat

"Your friendly neighborhood Studebaker evangelist"

Comment

Originally posted by silverhawk View Post
                                I'd definitely hold out and keep it like your planning. I remember that car when the Bells had it, but as then as now; I can't afford to pull the trigger on it. (Which is sad, because I work along side my dad in his transmission shop...) Those transmissions turn up used or even as a older rebuilt unit fairly often if you look in the right places. A 700R4 would be the "bee's knee's" as far as conversions to it would be; it would be a wonderful driver then.
                                Make me an offer? Worst I can say is no. I am moving on from this so that I can focus on the wagon. This was/is a fun car... cant lie about that.

Comment

Working...
                                X