current offer on my 65....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by studeclunker View Post
    I'm kinda curious, what colour exactly is this car?
    The car is red- inside and out.

StudeDave '57
    StudeDave '57
    US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
    SDC Member since 1985

past President
    Whatcom County Chapter SDC
    San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
    San Diego Chapter SDC
    North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

Originally posted by studeclunker View Post
      I'm kinda curious, what colour exactly is this car? In the blue-dot picture, it looks to be a dark magenta to black. It the others it looks very faded pink? I like what you did with the rims though. That red looks good with the car.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]20545[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]20546[/ATTACH]
      It looks like the bordeaux red. The faded pink pictures were when I got the car and before hitting it with the buffers and scrubbers.

Thanks for the compliment on the wheels. Those rims and tires now reside on the '60 Lark Wagon that is moving in to my garage.
      Last edited by cultural infidel; 01-23-2013, 11:40 AM.
      1960 Lark VIII Regal Wagon

Comment

The car looks too nice to scrap, its strange no one is interested. Im actually glad its to far from me, otherwise it would be sitting in my driveway!

Comment

Originally posted by evilhawk View Post
          The car looks too nice to scrap, its strange no one is interested. Im actually glad its to far from me, otherwise it would be sitting in my driveway!
          I think the main problem is that it needs to be towed.

Comment

I too have the same issue, if it was closer it would be mine. Hang in there, don't scrap it. It will sell.

Comment

MustResistBuyingCarThenFindingWaysToPayForIt.

Comment

Ok. No I can't afford the time and finagling for this, and I mean no offense Sean, however a few things come to mind:

Can you take some other interior shots than the one in the C/L ad? (might help)
                Can you help, or arrange a trans swap to happen if someone DID want to buy the car? (yourself, club members?)
                Can you list any impending repairs needed after the trans? brakes, engine glitches, electrical?

I only offer the above to try to help move your wheels. I apologize if I open a can of stinky worms if I do so and should have kept my thoughts to myself.

Sometimes I know, as is, just is.
                Last edited by LeoH; 01-23-2013, 03:39 PM.

Comment

Update. Read your 65 Blog, that does answer some of my questions.

Comment

Originally posted by cultural infidel View Post
                    It looks like the bordeaux red.
                    It is. There's a Cruiser in Dad's back yard painted the same color.

its strange no one is interested.
                    Only if you don't count me...
                    But things need to settle down a bit before I can move on it.

StudeDave '57
                    StudeDave '57
                    US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
                    SDC Member since 1985

past President
                    Whatcom County Chapter SDC
                    San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
                    San Diego Chapter SDC
                    North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

Oh, well in the relm of "interested" you can count me as well. However, logistics is a bitch when one is as far south as I am. Then again, I have a friend who would love the powerplant in this car. He just might be willing to go all the way up to Washington to get it. After all, why adulterate another car when one has the project factory available and the project is largely complete? Besides, those were good cars anyway.
                      Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
                      K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
                      Ron Smith
                      Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

Here's one more interested... & I aint usually leaning towards those last Studebaker-years, but THAT one, & all red... but I'm on the other side of the water & that's lucky for my fambly...

Comment

Originally posted by Nox View Post
                          Here's one more interested... & I aint usually leaning towards those last Studebaker-years, but THAT one, & all red... but I'm on the other side of the water & that's lucky for my fambly...
                          LOL and most of us complain about being on the wrong side of the country! Self dicipline comes in many forms. Sometimes it involves a lot of water!
                          Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
                          K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
                          Ron Smith
                          Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

Originally posted by StudeDave57 View Post
                            There's a Cruiser in Dad's back yard painted the same color.
                            And THAT one is a RARE one with that particular engine/transmission combination!!!!

Craig

Comment

Originally posted by 8E45E View Post
                              And THAT one is a RARE one with that particular engine/transmission combination!!!!

Craig
                              What combo is it?

Comment

It's a 194 6cyl. that is not rare, but with a T-85 T-86 Overdrive is.

If I had to guess I would think it has a special Chevy. bolt pattern Trans. case so it fits all 194, 230, and 283 & up small blocks to it's
                                T-85 T-86 Tranny and the '61 to early '62 Chevy. case T-10 Studebaker 4 Speeds all with a one size fits all Clutch Housing.

All in a top of the line Cruiser with a stock '64 R3 Lark Type radiator suround panel to move the radiator forward.

01/30/13 Revised the typo on the T-85, it is a T-86 Med. Duty, not H.D. I am surprized that the typo Police did not catch this one yet!
                                Last edited by StudeRich; 01-30-2013, 04:22 PM.
                                StudeRich
                                Second Generation Stude Driver,
                                Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Working...
                                X