Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need a '54 C&K taillight housing

Hello everyone,

It has been quite some time since I posted anything here on the Forum. Way back in 1998 or '99 when we started restoring our '54 Commander Starliner known as Grace, I bought a reproduction taillight housing from Newman & Altman. Well, I've had it repaired and rechromed once, and it's cracking again. So I'd like to get an original one. It doesn't have to be perfect, just one that can be rechromed. The part number is 306078. Please reply by email or phone (717)-566-9956. I'll be at the York swap meet if you'd like to bring it with you.
    Kindest regards,

Alan Mende
    Grantville, PA

I'm not a mechanic; I don't even play one on TV.

Though not cheap...might look into the new reproduction copies. It might be better in the "long run" going this route.
    I believe Studebaker International carries them.

Mike

Comment

Actually Mike, they seem to carry reproductions for most everything except '54s. I lookede at their web site this morning.
      Kindest regards,

Alan Mende
      Grantville, PA

Comment

Try studebakerparts.com in Phoenix.
        Tim-'53 Starlight Commander Custom and '63 Avanti in Yuma, AZ
        https://www.jimsrodshop.com/project/53-resurrection https://www.jimsrodshop.com/project/always-ahead

Comment

54 C/K Tail Light Assembly

I don't think that SI is reproducing the 53-54 tail light assembly anymore. You might look on Ebay, as they show up from time to time. I have one NOS pair left.
          Bo

Comment

I'm looking for a pair ('54 Starlight/Starliner) that are too pitted to be re-chromed; I want to paint them body color. Anybody?
            Howard - Los Angeles chapter SDC
            '53 Commander Starliner (Finally running and driving, but still in process)
            '56 Golden Hawk (3 speed/overdrive, Power steering - Running, but not yet driving)
            '62 GT Hawk (4 speed, A/C, Power steering - running and DRIVING!)

Comment

I HAVE ONE THAT IS ALREADY RECHROMED AND i WILL BE AT YORK AS A VENDOR.IF YOU ARE INTERESTED CALL ME
              .724-658-4677 DON BORGER

Comment

Thanks Don. I'll see you at the York swap meet. Now all I have to do is convince my financial advisor to let me spend some of "our" money.
                Kindest regards,

Alan Mende
                Grantville, PA

Comment

I have used Snyders for parts. He is honest. Check his web site too. I'm not sure the picture is going to show up.

Contact us today by phone at 815-652-7655 or by email at stude@snyderstudebakerparts.com

1953 Tail Light for C & K-- Complete with lense, wiring, gasket and bulb

Qty: 1
                  $245.00

Comment

It depends on whether 1953 tail lights were the same as 1954?

sigpic

Comment

Very nice '53 taillight!
                      My understanding is that '54 housings and lenses will fit a '53, but are different from the '53. I like the appearance of the '54 better, especially when painted to match the body.
                      Howard - Los Angeles chapter SDC
                      '53 Commander Starliner (Finally running and driving, but still in process)
                      '56 Golden Hawk (3 speed/overdrive, Power steering - Running, but not yet driving)
                      '62 GT Hawk (4 speed, A/C, Power steering - running and DRIVING!)

Comment

Thanks for the info. This is the tail light mentioned above.
                        sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X