Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• spring turkey rod run fl.

my wife and I are going , anyone have any input thanks gary never been

If you're going to stay in a hotel make reservations early. Comfortable shoes - the entire infield is active with vendors, car corral, show cars. Good event, for many years I spent the early morning hours working the SE gate for the club I belonged to to help get cars in the event both at Thanksgiving and the Spring run. In the evening go to the beach area on highway 1. The parking lot of the grocery store across from the host hotel saw more cars change hands than the car corral at the speedway (if things haven't changed). People rent rooms at the 'old highway' motels on 1, set up their lawn chairs and watch the boulevard cruise up and down the street - plenty of police to calm down the light to light activity. Plenty of restaurants across from the speedway (from Denny's to Outback) and if shopping for accomidations look outside Daytona for best deals.
    Have fun.
    Dave Hugo
    Duncan, SC
    sigpic 1959 Silver Hawk 1955 President

Comment

Here is a link to the show info http://www.daytonabeachcarshows.com/...ring-car-show/

As usual , there is an unofficial car show also on SR A1A ,aka N.Atlantic Ave at Bellair Plaza
      shopping center,which is across the street from The La Playa resort/motel on the beach .
      Plenty of restaurants all over town.
      Spring Break ( The College Kind ) is happening then, not what it used to be here at its peak , but is still busy , so check ahead
      if you want to stay on the beach.
      Last edited by shifter4; 01-20-2013, 06:59 PM.
      Bill H
      Daytona Beach
      SDC member since 1970
      Owner of The Skeeter Hawk .

Comment

thanks gary blalock alvin tx

Comment

I went last year for the first time in the spring. Not nearly as big as the Fall event, but plenty to see and lots of fun. The beach side Hiway is A1A as Shifter4 said. US1 is between the beach and the speedway. A1A is where the action is.
          Neil Thornton

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	11-27-03 -A - In The Tunnel.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	86.1 KB
ID:	1678602Sorry, I said highway 1 should have been A1A as noted, we never bothered with numbers and letters that much just pulled out of the speedway and headed east until we felt we were going to get wet then stopped at the Plaza . My Model A going thru the tunnel back in '03 at Turkey Rod Run.
            Dave Hugo
            Duncan, SC

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	2003 Turkey Rod Run.jpg
Size:	92.6 KB
ID:	1678603Click image for larger version

Name:	11-27-03 -A- Entering Speedway Tunnel.jpg
Size:	91.3 KB
ID:	1678604Click image for larger version

Name:	11-27-03 Raffel Car.jpg
Size:	90.3 KB
ID:	1678605Good times at R\Turkey Rod Run '03
              Dave Hugo
              Duncan, SC

Comment

Just want to point out that the Spring Break that I mentioned as not as big as years past, in my post
                above , is the College Variety , and not referring to the car show .
                These days the Spring Break spreads out over many weeks , and Panama City has become busier
                than Daytona. We still get a goodly number though .
                Bill H
                Daytona Beach
                SDC member since 1970
                Owner of The Skeeter Hawk .

Comment

As long as those kids don't try to 'fly' off the balconies it seems to be a good time had by all at Spring Break. Now in our suffering economy alot of these kids are traveling thousands of miles to exotic locations funded by their parents. I was lucky to get $10 for gas and that was after a 20 minute lecture on the dangers of alcohol and not to get in any trouble with the law or with a girl I might have to marry
                  Originally posted by shifter4 View Post
                  Just want to point out that the Spring Break that I mentioned as not as big as years past, in my post
                  above , is the College Variety , and not referring to the car show .
                  These days the Spring Break spreads out over many weeks , and Panama City has become busier
                  than Daytona. We still get a goodly number though .
                  Dave Hugo
                  Duncan, SC

Comment

I have been in Daytona several times during spring break but have yet to see my first Wet T-Shirt Contest!
                    Neil Thornton

Comment

Originally posted by rockinhawk View Post
                      I have been in Daytona several times during spring break but have yet to see my first Wet T-Shirt Contest!
                      well, that's just not right!!
                      Dave Hugo
                      Duncan, SC

Comment

Working...
                      X