1937 Coupe Express Pickup Picked Up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1937 Coupe Express Pickup Picked Up

Since we didn't find anyone wanting to trade a vintage trailer for our spare Coupe Express, that we didn't want to leave outside, we sold it to someone looking for one to restore.

Today the Pickup got Picked Up,
    so... Today it's on it's Way.

The truck needed some help without a loading dock!

Luckily we have another one and this one is going to someone who has deep pockets and will fix it up nice.
    He had spent many months looking for one to restore.

Goodbye old friend.
    Expressly yours,

James
    Bells Studebaker Diner & Museum
    Bellingham, WA.

That baby will keep the sandblaster busy for awhile!

Comment

Ever heard of someone having more dollars than cents ??

Comment

Even in its current condition that is a very beautiful pickup. I'm really not sure why anyone would want to discourage someone who would take on a restoration like this. Sure, the offenders will claim that all they mean is better ones are available for less than it would cost to restore this one, and that could very well be the case. It still does not change the fact that comments like that do nothing but discourage and this truck definitely deserves to be restored.

Comment

My CE headed for the final sanding work and paint. You should see the before pics ( to be posted with the afters later).
          I had many detractors along the way, but I still think it will be worth more than the total restoration cost and then
          some. PS: Paid a local farmer $10.00 (yes- TEN) for it out of a field. Oh yes, I had to provide wheels to get it rolling.
          It is a good companion for my Drs. Coupe I inherited from my grandfather. The sedan I picked up in California for
          parts was a worthy provider, and provided many wonderful parts including a grill that was way pristine. Yippee and
          thanks for the pics. (PS: Where did they get that ugly rear bumper?)

Comment

Originally posted by 5859 View Post
            Even in its current condition that is a very beautiful pickup. I'm really not sure why anyone would want to discourage someone who would take on a restoration like this. Sure, the offenders will claim that all they mean is better ones are available for less than it would cost to restore this one, and that could very well be the case. It still does not change the fact that comments like that do nothing but discourage and this truck definitely deserves to be restored.
            Who said that it shouldn't be restored?

Comment

PPS: I have quite a few parts gathered over the last couple of years. If seller wants to let buyer know my email
              for contact, feel free: drdon1111@aol.com

Comment

The most beautiful pickup ever made. I would rather have one of those than anything.
                Jim
                Often in error, never in doubt
                http://rabidsnailracing.blogspot.com/

____1966 Avanti II RQA 0088_______________1963 Avanti R2 63R3152____________http://rabidsnailracing.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by SN-60 View Post
                  Who said that it shouldn't be restored?
                  No one said those exact words. It is discouraging to refer to the new owner as having more dollars than cents (sense) when it has already been said that he/she is going to fix it up.

Comment

That looks like a great start to me. C.E. Doesn't get any better than that.

Dean.

Comment

Oh, I dunno...
                      Ya gotta start somewhere...
                      That one looks pretty decent!
                      Jeff

HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Oh, I do hope they keep the sandblaster far away from it....

Originally posted by SN-60 View Post
                        That baby will keep the sandblaster busy for awhile!
                        HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Looks like a good solid truck!
                          Diesel loving, autocrossing, Coupe express loving, Grandpa Architect.

Comment

Proof positive you can!

Make a silk purse out of a sows ear.

Jeff your truck is simply amazing and I'm sure in the end this one will be too.

Dean.
                            Originally posted by DEEPNHOCK View Post
                            Oh, I dunno...
                            Ya gotta start somewhere...
                            That one looks pretty decent!
                            Jeff

Comment

Jeff is just really good at photoshop.

Comment

Working...
                              X