• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by StudeDave57 View Post
    This'll have to do~

[ATTACH=CONFIG]20330[/ATTACH]

Somewhere I have a pic from the rear.
    It's plate read "ITLLFLY" or something along those lines...
    StudeDave '57
    Undoubtedly the same car, Dave; the wheel covers verify it. BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
    "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Oh oh! OPPS, it looks like Craig's Pic of the Blue South African RHD one is actually the only correct Paint scheme here so far, while William's Car looks very good that way, the Fin is not supposed to be trim color.

It's just like the Commander Starlight Hardtops, and '57 Silver Hawks they also look better with the Fin painted roof color like '58 Presidents.
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Craig's photo shows the fins the same colour as the body. The Provincial I have was Bluff Gray over Cliff Gray and the upper color came down to the upper beltline mouldings - not just to the drip rail. And it's fins were lower body colour - I think. I've jammed it to aim towards a Waterfall Blue/Parchment White scheme, like my Commander hardtop was eons ago.
        No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Originally posted by Roscomacaw View Post
          Craig's photo shows the fins the same colour as the body. The Provincial I have was Bluff Gray over Cliff Gray and the upper color came down to the upper beltline mouldings - not just to the drip rail. And it's fins were lower body colour - I think. I've jammed it to aim towards a Waterfall Blue/Parchment White scheme, like my Commander hardtop was eons ago.
          Well Bob, that makes it correct and exactly the same as this Blue one.
          StudeRich

Comment

Originally posted by Roscomacaw View Post
            Here's Bob's Provincial when I owned it...

Original paint.
            Dick Steinkamp
            Bellingham, WA

Comment

Not much on the 58 wagons, so I would have guessed that the air cleaner is from an Early year, I just don't remember seeing that style on cars after 57.
              Candbstudebakers
              Castro Valley,
              California

Comment

The remote Air Cleaners were used right up to '58, it was not until 1959 that they were changed to the Carb. mounted type.
                StudeRich

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Langer View Post
                  15 inch wheels.
                  I like the whitewall tires, someone knows a store for those?
                  Walter

80 Fiat Spider
                  63 Lark Regal 4 Dr. sold 2015
                  60 Hawk sold 2017 in England
                  56 Golden Hawk
                  56 Corvette (John Cougar Mellencamp's C1)
                  68 Volvo P1800S
                  56 Jaguar XK 140 DHC

http://www.speak-to-doc.de/oldi/

Comment

Working...
                  X