No announcement yet.

Studebakers In The Movies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On Netflix last evening, I watched "Operation Odessa". A true crime thriller about a Russian mobster, a Miami playboy and a Cuban spy who teamed up to sell a nuclear submarine to a Colombian drug cartel.

At 5:15 there is a PACKARD!

Comment

• Originally posted by christophe View Post

Hi Nox,
      Thanks for your concern. I've been on and off from this Forum for a few months. You might remember that I bought a Saab 96, so my attention was distracted by something else. As she is now roadworthy and duly registered, I can resume my previous activities. I must also confess that I had a hard time to get accustomed to the new format. No criticism intended here of course, this is all my fault. I hope you and all your family (including cars and dogs!) are in top shape.
      Nice day to all.
      I wish I had one of my Saabs back. Both were four cylinder cars one a 96 and the other a 95. My wife and I did a lot of rallying in the 96.
      Joe Roberts
      '61 R1 Champ
      '65 Cruiser
      Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

• I've been getting my funny bone tickled watching old episodes of Mystery Science Theater 3000 and they showed The Indestructible Man with Bella Lugosi the other night. In one scene one of the characters is on his way to the spooky house where Bella is living driving a 1950 or '51 Commander Starlight Coupe. The nose of it just suddenly appears out of the darkness, drives fully into the scene and stops. The character gets out and walks off scene. It appears again a few minutes later when some other characters come across it on their way to the same house.
        I thought I had seen every Bella Lugosi film but this one was a new one to me.
        I have also seen Studebakers in other films shown on MST 3000 like a Champ truck sitting on a dock inHawaii in the movie "Code Name: Diamond Head".
        And don't forget about all the Avantis that appear in the movie Gattaca.
        Ed Sallia
        Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

• Yeozer! Studebaker US6 army trucks in "Beginning of the End" with Peter Graves. That's the movie about the giant grasshoppers. In the end Peter doesn't get arrested for creating the pesky creatures in the first place. A miscarriage of justice I say!
          Ed Sallia
          Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

• The movie “Targets” with Boris Karloff on TCM last night. Scene near the end of cars scrambling to leave a drive in theater.

Comment

• Originally posted by JRoberts View Post

I wish I had one of my Saabs back. Both were four cylinder cars one a 96 and the other a 95. My wife and I did a lot of rallying in the 96.
              Hey Joe,
              Nice to hear from you. As far as I know, Saab 96s are inexpensive cars in the USA, and you already know how fun and reliable they are. Don't hesitate to revive your old memories for a few thousand bucks!
              Nice day to all.
              sigpic

Comment

• To keep it on the SAAB line just a wee bit more; it would be nice to see some picture of the rally one, maby in another thread..?
                (Then I could show you pix of mine too.)

Comment

• Originally posted by Noxnabaker View Post
                  To keep it on the SAAB line just a wee bit more; it would be nice to see some picture of the rally one, maby in another thread..?
                  (Then I could show you pix of mine too.)
                  X2, of course!
                  sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Alan View Post
                    If you check out a Tony Curtis movie made in 1953 called Johnny Dark the car in it called the Thunderbird that was in the lead and the favorite to win the race was Stude Powered and regestered as a Stude.
                    Cool article with spread from Car Craft, Feb, 1954.
                    https://www.undiscoveredclassics.com/forgotten-fiberglass/the-johnny-dark-victress-s1-roadster-part-1-“pretty-enough-to-be-a-movie-star”/
                    Last edited by Andy R.; 04-06-2020, 06:56 PM. Reason: Link to article
                    Andy
                    62 GT

Comment

• Originally posted by tim333 View Post
                      The movie “Targets” with Boris Karloff on TCM last night. Scene near the end of cars scrambling to leave a drive in theater.
                      Boris Karloff's last movie directed by a young guy named Peter Bogdanovich. Also Peter Graves movie "It Conquered the World featuring 1956 President Classics and Pinehurst. It was on MST3000 years ago. Comment was made during the movie by one of the host that the tires were squealing on a dirt road.

Bob Miles

Comment

• Watched "The Naked City" (1948) again yesterday. Their unmarked squad is a '46 Champion.
                        1936 Dictator
                        1950 Champion Regal 4 dr parts car
                        1953 Commander Regal HT
                        1953 2R5 Pickup
                        1947 M16 Truck
                        1960 Lark VIII Convertible
                        1960 Champ 5E7 step side short box
                        1962 Champ 7E5 no box
                        1962 GT Hawk
                        1963 Lark VI 4 dr
                        1963 GT Hawk R2
                        1964 Daytona Convertible
                        1964 Commander Wagonaire

“America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.” ~ Abraham Lincoln​

Comment

• My 47 M5 was rented for the movie Grass Harp along with me to drive. First day in filming they decided not to use the vehicles they had rented from locals and had a movie car company furnish all of them. O well, i think he got one curb shot, and it was cut.

Comment

• Dirty Dozen shows, in short glimpses only, just long enough to recognize the cab, at least one Studebaker military truck.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-04-26 at 4.35.44 AM.png
Views:	297
Size:	31.3 KB
ID:	1832477 Spotted a 53 coupe in North By Northwest last night.

Also, the previous night I was watching a film where someone made the comment that another character had "more loose screws than a Studebaker!" I laughed at that one – even while being lightly offended!
                              Attached Files

Comment

• Eddie, in Barry Levinson's classic Diner, had a Hawk.

[IMG]https://thumbs2.********.com/6c/59/ae/2b7ce31342590734.jpg[/IMG]

Comment

Working...
                                X