No announcement yet.

Studebakers In The Movies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My favourite film "American Graffiti " has a Hawk "cruising". That film is the reason I bought an Edsel

Comment

• There's quite a few Studebakers in that film, such as the -55 with the girls in...
      Last edited by Noxnabaker; 12-24-2020, 01:35 PM.

Comment

• Saw a pretty bad 1988 horror movie "Lady in White" on Comet TV the other day. One scene had an excellent side/rear shot of a pinkish or salmon colored '59-60 Lark 2-dr station wagon.
        edp/NC
        \'63 Avanti
        \'66 Commander

Comment

• Saw the movie "Motherless Brooklyn" last night . A story set in New York city in the 50's . A good flick with lots of street scenes and interesting cars of the 40,s and 50,s. A principal character is chauffered in a Hudson. Not sure but I think a finned Hawk drives buy in the first 20 minutes or so. Anyone else see it? What does make an appearance several times is a green Lark 4 door. Since the movie is set in the 50,s, they are likely thinking it will pass for a 59. It may well be, but I am sure it has 60 parking lights installed!! Can,t pull the wool over my eyes.
          Bob
          Bob
          Welland Ontario
          60 Lark Convertible
          64 Daytona
          sigpic
          "They were meant to be driven ... so keep on cruizin"

Comment

• My youngest daughter saw "Ford vs. Ferrari" last night with a friend. She said it was really good. She also mentioned that during the first five minutes of the movie there's some kind of comment about Studebaker. Something like, "Your car drives like a Studebaker." I don't know the context, so I don't know if it was a compliment or an insult.

She like the movie so much, she wants to see it again next week with me. I guess I'll find out about the reference then, unless one of you sees it and finds out for us.

Mark
            Last edited by Mark L; 11-16-2019, 04:39 PM.
            Mark L

Comment

• Originally posted by Mark L View Post
              My youngest daughter saw "Ford vs. Ferrari" last night with a friend. She said it was really good. She also mentioned that during the first five minutes of the movie there's some kind of comment about Studebaker. Something like, "Your car drives like a Studebaker." I don't know the context, so I don't know if it was a compliment or an insult.

She like the movie so much, she wants to see it again next week with me. I guess I'll find out about the reference then, unless one of you sees it and finds out for us.

Mark
              SO the Studebaker quote was in reference to the mechanic telling a customer, "If you don't know how to drive a performance car, maybe a Studebaker is more your liking.."

While using the name of "Studebaker" was an insult, there were quite a bit of the Studies roaming around in the movie with a few in some lengthy scenes.

In the movie, I did quite enjoy the flyover of the Beech 18 and my admiration for Carol Shelby went up another level as he was depicted doing the flyover during the Mustang roll out. Car oil has a particular smell, but oil for radial engines has a unique and yet addicting smell one I've been hooked on since I was 5.

They insulted the Mustang as well, calling it a "Secretaries" car with an inline 6.. Glad Mr Shelby and I had the same likes.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1011 (2).jpg Views:	0 Size:	138.7 KB ID:	1810938Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1012.jpg Views:	0 Size:	118.9 KB ID:	1810937

Comment

• In the very begining of "Fun in Acapulco" Elvis steps out of a green car where a blue -57 chevy just crashed into something, but when the taxi he steps out from arrives it looks like a Lark... (I've only seen the first bit of the film so far.)

Comment

• I just watched the first Terminator movie. He crashes into a light blue Champ truck with a matching camper shell.
                  RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
                  4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
                  5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon

Comment

• Originally posted by Noxnabaker View Post
                    In the very begining of "Fun in Acapulco" Elvis steps out of a green car where a blue -57 chevy just crashed into something, but when the taxi he steps out from arrives it looks like a Lark... (I've only seen the first bit of the film so far.)
                    You mean this one?
                    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by RadioRoy View Post
                      I just watched the first Terminator movie. He crashes into a light blue Champ truck with a matching camper shell.
                      Here it is (thanks to IMCDB!):

sigpic

Comment

• Hello Christophe! I've been wondering where you went, been some time since I saw you write something, maby we're just on different posts... Anyway, thanx for the picture, I sure wonder if it could be anything else than a Studebaker since the car he's stepping out from seems to be some older car thou, with more rounded doors.
                        Last edited by Noxnabaker; 02-19-2020, 12:49 AM.

Comment

Hello Christophe! I've been wondering where you went, been some time since I saw you write something, maby we're just on different posts... Anyway, thanx for the picture, I sure wonder if it could be anything else than a Studebaker since the car he's stepping out from seems to be some older car thou, with more rounded doors.
                          Hi Nox,
                          Thanks for your concern. I've been on and off from this Forum for a few months. You might remember that I bought a Saab 96, so my attention was distracted by something else. As she is now roadworthy and duly registered, I can resume my previous activities. I must also confess that I had a hard time to get accustomed to the new format. No criticism intended here of course, this is all my fault. I hope you and all your family (including cars and dogs!) are in top shape.
                          Nice day to all.
                          sigpic

Comment

• Ah, at first when metioning "the new format" my mind went to the SAAB you just mentioned & I thought about the pedals that are placed more to the midle in those...
                            (I've had a few 2-stokers & they are the same in that way but better ballanced for driving fast on gravel coutry roads!)

Comment

Ah, at first when metioning "the new format" my mind went to the SAAB you just mentioned & I thought about the pedals that are placed more to the midle in those...
                              (I've had a few 2-stokers & they are the same in that way but better ballanced for driving fast on gravel coutry roads!)
                              Sorry. My sentence (or my mind!) got truncated. Of course, I was referring to the new format of the Forum. No problem with the pedals of the Saab. They are much better centered than on my Simca 1000! As for the 2-stroker, I'd love to have one of these but I'm afraid my neighbourhood would not like its music!
                              Nice day to all.
                              sigpic

Comment

• I did understand that you ment the new format on the forum.
                                & the 2-stroke sound aint that awfully horrible but the smell from the exhaust...
                                Last edited by Noxnabaker; 04-05-2020, 12:03 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X