Click image for larger version

Name:	i066806.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	73.8 KB
ID:	1692258

Comment

• C-cab was a supporting star in:

Comment

• 1955 film My Sister Eileen, just as the opening credits wrap this 52 Commander appears as a street side extra.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	20141008_224909.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	75.2 KB
ID:	1692361

Comment

• There are at least 4 right hand drive Studes in "Mandela"!

Comment

• Men Against The Sky, 1940: Click image for larger version

Name:	20141014_134632.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	62.5 KB
ID:	1692456

Comment

• It's been a while since I watched it, but I remember spotting a few Studes in Hell's Angels '69. Definitely a truck, and I feel like the car that real-life angel Terry the Tramp t-bones on his bike might be a 50's Studebaker sedan.

Comment

• Just returned yesterday from Orange Va. where "Andrew" my 63 R-2 Avanti made his movie debut during the filming of the opening scene of a movie to released next year. It's title is "Coming Through the Rte" and the interesting part alot of the filming was done with a Drone. Movie scene was shot at Woodberry Forest, an all boys prep school with a tution rate of $50,200.00. Way to rich for my blood but sure was a fun time and a great trip. It was 110 miles one way for us and the car ran flawlessly.
                sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

• 'Sounds good, Don.

(Did you mean to say the title of the movie is, "Coming Through the Rye?") BP
                  We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

• There is a movie in the making called St. James Place starring Tom Hanks. It had parts filmed in Brooklyn , NY. It will have a 1959 Lark 2dr sedan and my 1963 Lark 2dr sdn. We used the cars on the set on 10/7 and 10/8. Still waiting to get paid, LOL. They do feed you well on the movie sets. You do a lot of sitting around and waiting. I will post some pics of the cars on the set.
                    1963 Super Lark clone

Comment

• Originally posted by Joe Flannery View Post
                      There is a movie in the making called St. James Place starring Tom Hanks. It had parts filmed in Brooklyn , NY. It will have a 1959 Lark 2dr sedan and my 1963 Lark 2dr sdn. We used the cars on the set on 10/7 and 10/8. Still waiting to get paid, LOL. They do feed you well on the movie sets. You do a lot of sitting around and waiting. I will post some pics of the cars on the set.
                      Some cool car pics here ==> http://rolandopujol.tumblr.com/post/...rings-cold-war
                      and Here ==> http://ditmasparkcorner.com/blog/pho...in-ditmas-park

Congrats!

Found these already on the web...

As noted of inconvience..
                      Last edited by SScopelli; 10-24-2014, 08:42 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by SScopelli View Post
                        Congrats!

Found these already on the web...

Wow, I am impressed that you found those pictures . Nice Job. My car is in a driveway in the one picture so that it would block that late model car covered in leaves in that driveway. They have you move the car around the set from time to time. There is a 1956 Chrysler in the back ground of one of the shots. I was with the owner of that car, he also owns the 1959 Lark. I let the residents of the neighborhood sit in the car and take pictures with it. They were surprised that I let them sit in it. My attitude was why not ? I take my dog out in it enough. The neighborhood residents put up with a lot of inconvenience with a movie company set up on their street. May as well let them sit in the car and have family and neighbors take pictures with it. It is the Studebaker thing to do.Studebaker invented cool , right ?
                        1963 Super Lark clone

Comment

• Bob you are correct. My fingers have a tendacy to hit the wrong keys at times.
                          sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

• "The Best of Me" movie that came out yesterday has a scene where a '62 Regal convertible is being worked in a private garage while the hood is raised. Views are of the interior from the rear and the raised hood. It is painted turquoise and white with the colors divided by the side molding. There isn't a shot of the front and only a slight shot of the top surface of the rear/trunk.

Comment

• That black Lark convertible that was used in the NYC-shot Pan Am series a couple of years ago was for sale about a year ago.
                              Anyone here buy it?
                              Just curious.

Also, I've been told a 58 Studebaker sedan is in an episode of the second season of Masters of Sex.
                              63 Avanti R1 2788
                              1914 Stutz Bearcat
                              (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

• Look carefully at the last or next-to-last inside row race car at exactly 1:00. Is that a 1955 Studebaker sedan (not C / K) with all the front die-cast removed? (And watch the video to the end, too; it's cute.) BP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3R7l7nDuj1o
                                We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Working...
                                X