Zip Van With 3.8 Pontiac GTP Supercharged Engine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zip Van With 3.8 Pontiac GTP Supercharged Engine

Says it has 4 wheel disc brakes. That's probably a good thing with that engine

WOW! get that Priority Mail to your box RIGHT NOW!
    sigpic
    JohnP, driving & reviving
    60 Lark & 58 Scotsman 4dr

Comment

Any video of it running/driving?
      ~Matt Connor
      '59 Lark 2-door

Comment

I checked their other videos and none of it running yet, sorry.

Comment

This young guy is getting 374 hp at the wheels with a 3.8 supercharged Buick Regal. Put together a pretty good video (some movie clips with language - just fast forward through that part...) but just goes to show that car modifying is far from disappearing...

Comment

Provides a brief view of the "working" area Bob Andrews was alway pining for...
            KURTRUK
            (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

Well,
              I have a straight and complete Arizona Zip Van and a (separate) legit JTS R2 with a Powershift that I will sell cheap to fund 'The Black Car'...
              (It's been offered to Bams 3 times so far...no joy)
              You could do it 'All Stude' for the right offer...
              Jeff
              HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Originally posted by DEEPNHOCK View Post
                (It's been offered to Bams 3 times so far...no joy)
                You are just teasing with the 'puzzled' smiley, right? Because I know we definitely discussed why I passed on it.
                Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
                Romans 15:13
                Deuteronomy 31:6
                Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Originally posted by 62champ View Post
                  This young guy is getting 374 hp at the wheels with a 3.8 supercharged Buick Regal. Put together a pretty good video (some movie clips with language - just fast forward through that part...) but just goes to show that car modifying is far from disappearing...
                  What a great story, I love sleepers.
                  Pat Dilling
                  Olivehurst, CA
                  Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Comment

Originally posted by 62champ View Post

I love sleepers! I have a 1983 Mustang GT thats kinda a sleeper. It looks totally stock, even the engine has the original ram air system and the factory valve covers so when the hood is open it looks original at first glance. In stock form I believe the car made 180 hp which isnt much compared to the 360 hp it pushes now. What I like most is the engine is naturally aspirated and no NOS either (although it is setup for it), just straight engine. Ive raced against vettes, Camaros, a 71 Cuda, other Mustangs and won.
                    Now, I would like to build another. Maybe Ill turbo charge the Hawk or dump a 3.8 turbo in my Cavalier..

Comment

Working...
                    X