Wagonaire Headliner Question, Again!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wagonaire Headliner Question, Again!

Just wondering if anyone has come up with a replacement headliner for the sliding roof Wagonaire?
    Remember a few years back the lady from Phantom was considering a replacement, but I think Phantom
    is not around.
    Any suggestions or information out there?
    sigpic1957 Packard Clipper Country Sedan

"There's nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer"
    Lt. Col. Jimmy Doolittle
    "I have a great memory for forgetting things" Number 1 son, Lee Chan

we are still waiting ourselves, now for two wagons.....hoping someone has an idea

Comment

In the late 1980s. I bought a 1964 Wagonaire. It was a one owner, with around 65,000 miles, and was in amazingly good condition. The sliding roof leaked, and the headliner in the slider was toast. I removed the slider and installed generis door seals, and went to a local hardware store and bought some fiberboard that looked close enough. We kept that wagon for several years and 40-50 thousand miles, and neither the seal nor liner was a problem again. "Close enough" is subjective, and my standard was only a few miles away at a hardware store. Sounds like your standard of close enough may take you around the world in search of the identical material. Good luck with that

Comment

Perhaps a sign up sheet is in order. If enough demand exists, someone might be interested in taking on the challenge. Does the fixed roof wagon use the same headliner?

Comment

If it's any help - some Ramblers (Americans for sure) used that very same HL stock that the Wagonaires used.
          No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Speaking for myself, any decent looking replacement would be fine.
            Even considering the Chrysler Newport doner
            Replacement that was written about here in forum
            years ago. But if we could put together a sign up sheet,
            put me on the list!
            Bill
            Last edited by 57pack; 01-12-2013, 02:24 PM.
            sigpic1957 Packard Clipper Country Sedan

"There's nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer"
            Lt. Col. Jimmy Doolittle
            "I have a great memory for forgetting things" Number 1 son, Lee Chan

Comment

Originally posted by qsanford View Post
              Perhaps a sign up sheet is in order. If enough demand exists, someone might be interested in taking on the challenge. Does the fixed roof wagon use the same headliner?
              No, they are standard Vinyl headliners with bows like a Sedan.
              StudeRich
              Second Generation Stude Driver,
              Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

How about a piece of plastic wall sheating,it is thin and pliable, comes in imbosed ect.,glue on insulation,may work, find at your local HomeDepot ect. Sean thread& just brainstorming. Mac

Comment

Has anyone contacted Starlight Studebaker http://www.starlightstudebaker.com to see if they have NOS headliners in their inventory?

Comment

I met a guy with a 63 Wagonaire at one of the car shows at Pomona fairly recently. He replaced the smaller wagonaire headliner side pieces (right above the roof tracks) with ones cut from fluorescent light fixture textured plastic. He also had a strand of LED's on each side behind the panels. It looked really good.
                    Scott Rodgers
                    Los Angeles
                    SDC Member since 1989
                    \'60 Lark HT
                    \'63 Wagonaire
                    \'66 Frankenbaker

Comment

Working...
                    X