• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebaker Dump Truck on Ebay

Pretty cool idea. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Stude...item1c2f236693
    sigpic

I'd hate to try and use those wipers!

"Totally restored" but that looks like a flat black dash, and wouldn't a new horn button look nice?
    KURTRUK
    (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

Nobody loves these old trucks more than I do. I hope it finds a new home that will care for it as good as the current builder did. Let's face it...this is a display vehicle. Even with the rebuilt and fresh engine, this truck has a load just pulling itself empty. It is where it belongs...in flat Florida. There it can live comfortably without a heater. Also, it can lumber along the back roads unchallenged by steep hills. There was a time when lumbering down the road at a cruising speed of 40 to 45 MPH was relatively safe, but with today's drugged-up inattentive distracted texting drivers closing from behind at 80 MPH...very risky!

If it were mine...I'd be investigating the possibility of at least a big six, modern power, or even a diesel for road-ability.
      John Clary
      Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Yep that is a lot of truck to haul around with a Champion six. It a beautiful truck though.
        Joe Roberts
        '61 R1 Champ
        '65 Cruiser
        Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

Interesting, the engine has rusty bolts and rust on the L front side, the springs are rusty too, can't believe this is "finished." For what it appears to be it's a lovely thing.
          John Clements
          Christchurch, New Zealand

Comment

Nice truck! The hydraulic system, tank, telescopic cylinders, lifting brackets, ect. are the same as my 4E13.

Gordon S

Comment

Here's another with a dump conversion: http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...light=winnipeg

Craig

Comment

Working...
              X