Duncan. That cars going to be a easy restore. Very nice car. Steve

Leave a comment:

• DEEPNHOCK
    replied
    Sweet ride!

Leave a comment:

• 62champ
    replied
    Many times being low on fuel will seem like it stutters and falls but many times will pick up again when the car jerks and what gas is left is sloshed around in the tank. Have leaned under a car many times for the old "knuckle thump" gas gauge - one of easiest ways to tell if things are empty.

Best of luck - very nice looking car.

Leave a comment:

• duncan1951
    replied
    OK took Hawk on maiden voyage to go about 2 miles up the road to put in some fresh gas - made it about 1.5 miles and everything stopped - I think I lost fuel, either gauge is wrong and I don't have fuel or fuel pump took a dive or.... will check out in the morning. The engine seemed to run fine and the overdrive kicked in as it should. Good thing I've got AAA towing :-) picked me up, brought me back and stuffed it in the garage.
    Dave
    Last edited by duncan1951; 01-14-2013, 04:22 PM.

Leave a comment:

• studee64
    replied
    Hi Dave,
    Yep, lost track of your VIN number..have now updated the tag info and will add some of your new pics tomorrow. Updates can only be added at this end by owners sending me an email with the changes.
    Thanks, Barry.

Leave a comment:

• duncan1951
    replied
    Originally posted by studee64 View Post
    Dave,

Would you share the Vin, Engine & body tag numbers as with your permission I would like to add your 'new' GT Hawk to our GT Hawk Registry. Thanks, Barry .
    email.. studee64@cogeco.ca

I have already registeredwith the Hawk registry. When I did I didn't have the body # but when I went back to the registry I could not see how to update the car.
    Engine PH319 Serial 64V11177 Body 64V-K6 1044

Leave a comment:

• studee64
    replied
    Dave,

Would you share the Vin, Engine & body tag numbers as with your permission I would like to add your 'new' GT Hawk to our GT Hawk Registry. Thanks, Barry .
    email.. studee64@cogeco.ca

Leave a comment:

• jclary
    replied
    Originally posted by duncan1951 View Post
    Funny you should mention that - when I get ready to have it painted (5-7 years from now maybe) Should I change to a color other than white? Opinions please. everyone has one.
    Dave, I enjoyed meeting you yesterday at our chapter business meeting. Sorry I didn't stay for lunch, but I had already eaten BBQ at that establishment once this week and wanted to get back home and play at building my test stand to run that old Stude six I am tinkering with.

One thing to keep in mind about changing colors on a car. It is about twice the work. Door jams, firewall, inner fenders, trunk seal channels, etc. It is about personal preference, but, the classic lines of any Hawk, no matter what the year model, to me,...all looked good as they came from the factory. Even the ones that have custom paint jobs, cast the same elegant shadow!

Leave a comment:

• Corvanti
    replied
    i like the colors as they are. if it was just all white, i'd probably have a different answer. the top really makes it look sharp!

Leave a comment:

• duncan1951
    replied
    Originally posted by Pat Dilling View Post
    That's a real good looking GT Hawk. Very classy color combo, my first thought was a white jacket tuxedo. Should be one you can have a lot of fun with.
    Funny you should mention that - when I get ready to have it painted (5-7 years from now maybe) Should I change to a color other than white? Opinions please. everyone has one.

Leave a comment:

• Pat Dilling
    replied
    That's a real good looking GT Hawk. Very classy color combo, my first thought was a white jacket tuxedo. Should be one you can have a lot of fun with.

Leave a comment:

• duncan1951
    replied
    Thanks Bob - didn't take close ups of the rust the trunk shot would have been interesting, like taking pics of a lace veil. I will post pics as I start to learn the body repair trade

Leave a comment:

• BobPalma
    replied
    'Looks nice, Dave. Congrats. BP

Leave a comment:

• duncan1951
    replied
    Originally posted by Pat Dilling View Post
    Very nice! Even has some gas in it! Now show us the rest of it.
    OK here are the pics of Hawk at home
    Click image for larger version

Name:	CAM00032.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	87.3 KB
ID:	1678500Click image for larger version

Name:	CAM00033.jpg
Size:	91.3 KB
ID:	1678501Click image for larger version

Name:	CAM00034.jpg
Size:	91.0 KB
ID:	1678502Click image for larger version

Name:	CAM00035.jpg
Size:	88.8 KB
ID:	1678503Click image for larger version

Name:	CAM00036.jpg
Size:	87.7 KB
ID:	1678504Click image for larger version

Name:	CAM00037.jpg
Size:	88.4 KB
ID:	1678505

Leave a comment:

• duncan1951
    replied
    John, I figured after reading the posts on here about instrument lighting that the 'bright' setting wasn't all that bright to begin with and after throwing power to them agreed so since the headlight switch feeds power to the intrument switch I decided at least for now to bypass the switch and take the power feed directly to the dash light wires so now when headlights are on, dash lights are on - all work except tach light and I after getting my head behind there and looking at the rats nest of wires around that area decided that was fine for now Since you are close I am hoping you are a body man I am a nut and bolts and figure it out kinda guy but never had the patience for or to learn body and paint much. Look forward to meeting with you and hearing the Studebaker stories. Close on the Uncle thing - the one Studebaker story I do have is my aunt was dating a guy with an Avanti and asked if I wanted to go for a ride - I was probably 14 - never forgot that trip down I-5 in Portland.
    Dave

sent you a PM
    Last edited by duncan1951; 01-11-2013, 06:55 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X