64 Hawk on ebay - could be a deal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 64 Hawk on ebay - could be a deal?

Not mine, but looks like a deal at $5K BIN from the pics and description. 63 side grilles and note the oval 64 fender emblem.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1964-studeba...item1c2f2253b2

Looks fishy to me. Very limited description, and spelled Gran Turismo wrong. A 98% complete restoration for $5k?
    Pat Dilling
    Olivehurst, CA
    Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Comment

Looks like his feedback rating is based on buying mostly sub-$10 items to build up a 100% rating. Anybody near Bothell,WA to call him out?

Comment

'56-'57 Wheelcovers on it.

Comment

It has a 1963 front end, with 1964 dash and door panels. Would definitely need more info and dated pix. I jumped on one like this a little over six months ago, and wish I'd never seen the ad. Finally about to get it to a point it was advertised as initially.

Comment

Bothell is right by Seattle. Should be someone on here who could check it out.
            Don Wilson, Centralia, WA

40 Champion 4 door*
            50 Champion 2 door*
            53 Commander K Auto*
            53 Commander K overdrive*
            55 President Speedster
            62 GT 4Speed*
            63 Avanti R1*
            64 Champ 1/2 ton

* Formerly owned

Comment

Looks like it's got a Powershift.
              No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

BIN ended the auction. No me.
                Candbstudebakers
                Castro Valley,
                California

Comment

Jeez,

Kenmore was part of Bothell until we incorporated as a township 14 years ago. He's probably just down the street. Wished I'd looked in this thread sooner; I could have gone over and looked at it in person for anyone that had been interested.

Is there a way to search this forum by city, state for members? If not, it might be a nice mod to have made; that way, readers could do a quick search for guys close to the item they are interested in and shoot off an email asking the local guy(s) and gal(s) if one has time to check an item out for them.
                  Mike O'Handley, Cat Herder Third Class
                  Kenmore, Washington
                  hausdok@msn.com

'58 Packard Hawk
                  '05 Subaru Baja Turbo
                  '71 Toyota Crown Coupe
                  '69 Pontiac Firebird
                  (What is it with me and discontinued/orphan cars?)

Comment

It says the BIN listing has ended. When items sell with the BIN it says the listing has ended with the BIN. So I don't think it sold. It will probably be re-listed soon.

Comment

Nice car, you have to wonder what really happened to this one, with early '63 side grilles and Pk. Lts. there is no way it would have a Power Shift, let alone the '64 Interior. The door emblems and front end definately say 1963.
                      StudeRich
                      Second Generation Stude Driver,
                      Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

nobody said anything about the 64 R emblems on it.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LarkR2Clone View Post
                          nobody said anything about the 64 R emblems on it.
                          studefan did.

Comment

Hey, anything's possible. Years ago, I bought a 64 Daytona Hardtop R2 full package car, red with black interior, 160 speedo, 4 speed, TT, Tach, traction bars, sway bars, supercharger, bonnet, air cleaner and all other pieces and parts were with the car for less than 1/10th the cars value. They are still out there. And some people just want to get back what they paid. Even though what they paid was in 1980 dollars and value. This one may be a gem. Perhaps someone clearing out Gramp's car and not knowing just how to research it. I have the philosophy that its not my job to show them how to spend 5 minutes to look up the true value of what they have. In today's world, its too dang easy to find out what you have and learn its true value. I give them what they ask. They're happy and so am I. Sorry if that sounds harsh. I'm not their babysitter.
                            sals54

Comment

To: sals54,----Sounds very familiar....years ago I also bought the exact same car as You describe...except mine was BLACK with a RED interior. If I told You how little I paid for it, You'd probably never believe Me!
                              (Mine even had factory AM/FM)

Comment

Working...
                              X