No announcement yet.

Hyundai Powered Prewar Stude (Illinois)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hyundai Powered Prewar Stude (Illinois)

(Dual engines?) Hyundai powered prewar Stude

Click image for larger version

Name:	Dual Engine Stude.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	56.3 KB
ID:	1737824

HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

So it's a Studebaker Bamboo V16 then...
    sigpic

Josephine
    Champion V8
    4d sedan

Comment

I guess it keeps it out of the scrap heap.......

Comment

OK with me...as long as it has an appropriate battery hold down.

Let's see if this sends the fragile SBC hating purists into hysteria, therapy, or off the proverbial blasphemy launch pad!
        John Clary
        Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

awesome....a V 12!
          Bez Auto Alchemy
          573-318-8948
          http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

Comment

good old hotrod engine-uwe-e-tee. would love to hear it running. thumbs up for this one. thanks, Junior
            sigpic
            1954 C5 Hamilton car.

Comment

I'd like to see the technical side of this one, how the V6's were joined, what trans was used, and like others, hear it and see it drive around.
              Too many of these cars have laid in the mud dying, but at least this one is off the ground and while not Stude powered (or suspended, or much of anything Stude mechanical) I think it is a better use of the car than to become a pile of iron oxide.
              sigpic
              JohnP, driving & reviving
              60 Lark & 58 Scotsman 4dr

Comment

Originally posted by jclary View Post
                OK with me...as long as it has an appropriate battery hold down.

Let's see if this sends the fragile SBC hating purists into hysteria, therapy, or off the proverbial blasphemy launch pad!
                You dont have to be a purist to dislike the SBC.

Anyway, I think this car is an example of true innovation, I mean who would have thought? I really like it! I just wish I could at least hear this beast run..

Comment

I don't know anything about Hyundai engines, but that thing is cool. If it really is driveable, I'm for it.
                  "In the heart of Arkansas."
                  Searcy, Arkansas
                  1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
                  1952 2R pickup

Comment

Changing the timing belt or the water pump if it's behind the timing belt on the rear engine might be real fun. Other than that it's pretty neat.

Comment

My guess is, whover "created" this must own a junkyard and have access to unlimited Hundai engines and other various modern car parts, otherwise I don't know why anybody would spend money and time to buy the stuff and modify it to fit. Hopefully, they started with a shell Studebaker that was waiting for the crusher. I'm not a purist, I've been considering installing a newer drive train in my '32 Studebaker so I can safely drive it--- no, not an SBC, one of the most enduring motors ever designed, probably a more modern straight six.

Comment

I wanna see video of the engine(s) running!
                        ~Matt Connor
                        '59 Lark 2-door

Comment

Boy, a 1933 anything that's survived is a miracle. Looks like this one got plucked just in the nick of time; what a creation! BP
                          We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
                          "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Working...
                          X