Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving forward

OK,
    Now that my rear end is mounted considering that it is 1.5" wider than the dummy was I thought it would be good to take another look at body fit.
    First with my brake pedals on It don't (fit). Had to remove the brake pedals or the front fenders Brake pedals were easier this time but when I'm ready for the final build pedals will be on and fenders off.
    At this point in time I must say DANGIT I love my car!
    Here are some new pics. What do you guys think as far as the rear height ? I currently have it set where I don't have any adjustment down except for weight on the springs that isn't there yet. (get it?) Other than the springs being compressed all my adjustment is up.
    The front hasn't been dealt with at all because I don't have the final wheels and tires.

Dean.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by dean pearson; 01-06-2013, 06:01 PM. Reason: Add last photo, (booty pic.)

Posted by dean pearson

At this point in time I must say DANGIT I love my car!
    Dean

I'm kinda fond of it myself. The closer to finished it becomes the better it looks to me.

To answer your question, I don't know if it's camera angle but the rearend looks a couple of inches high to me.

The title was a little confusing as "Moving Forward" reminds me more of AVANTI!!! Well! It's late and my humor ain't ready for prime time.

A really righteous build.

Bob

Comment

Dean, she`s looking pretty sweet to me, but one thing I do know is to get it out of the garage and then judge how it looks, roll it onto the street if you can and look at it from all angles....

Not getting the brake pedals thing though, do you mean drums? This is going to be one sweet ride. Cheers, Junior
      sigpic
      1954 C5 Hamilton car.

Comment

The brake pedals got in the way when I was trying to lower the body on.
        No big deal just last time it was on they weren't there yet.

Dean.

Comment

Dean..that is one mean Stude.. Excellent work.. makes me want to start my next project..

Comment

Wow, that looks serious.

Comment

The height looks spot on to me, but I agree with the suggestion to get it outside and look at it.
              Diesel loving, autocrossing, Coupe express loving, Grandpa Architect.

Comment

Nice!!!!! Real nice.!!!!!!!!

Comment

That thing looks GOOD to me, just right ride height too......I don't like em too low......Keep on Studebakering

Comment

'Looking good, Dean; lots of work paying off. Stance is gonna' be pretty wicked! BP
                    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Thanks guys I'll take all the encouragement i can get.
                      Donations would be nice too! HaHa!
                      Love working on my car!

Dean.

Comment

What is your next project ???

Are you doing a nose job too ?

Dean.
                        Originally posted by parts View Post
                        Dean..that is one mean Stude.. Excellent work.. makes me want to start my next project..

Comment

Working...
                        X