Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• toymobile
    replied
    I have a 65 STANG radiator in my 52 Champion, bracket were easy, Works very good but I don't think it will cool BBC,

Johnny

Leave a comment:

• dean pearson
    replied
    Would that also fit a Commander ?
    And an even bigger stretch cool a BBC ?

Dean.

Leave a comment:

• Carl Purdy
    replied
    My 48 has a 1965 Mustang radiator. You have to make brackets.

Leave a comment:

• avantibngrant
    replied
    Speaking from some experience - those radiators will not fit a 49 champion. I have a 47 and a parts 48. The 49 radiator was the same as the 47 48 width and height, but had an extra core which made it thicker. The 50 and up had different front fenders and different radiator cradles and were about 2" wider than the 47 to 49 champions.
    I sure wish they were narrower to fit my 47 cradle!
    Neil

Leave a comment:

• 2R5
    replied
    That's a decent price as well .

Leave a comment:

• JoeHall
    replied
    I recently watched an old TV commercial for 1950 Studebaker "Desert Explorer" cars and trucks. Apparently, they were designed for service in the middle east (i.e. Saudia) and in the desert southwest USA. They showed a five blade fan, and "four inch thick" radiator. If I were fixing up a 1949-52, or any other Stude for driving in any clime & place, I'd want one of those four inch radiators

Leave a comment:

• 1962larksedan
    started a topic New aluminum radiator for 1949-52 Stude cars

New aluminum radiator for 1949-52 Stude cars

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1949-1952-ST...sories&vxp=mtr

It's as if more and more stuff is appearing to keep Studes on the road in inverse proportion to the numbers of them left........

Although I'm finding out it's oftentimes easier to keep one operational (especially with a Chevy V8 swap and matching tranny) than many 1980's or even 1990's cars since parts availability is dropping off and emissions/safety concerns preclude upgrades/retrofits for the latter.
Working...
X