Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any SKYTOP GTs out there? UPDATE

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #61
    StudeRich... D*mn you... you made me spit out my soda when I read that. Too great a mental picture. Nice one.
    sals54

    Comment


    • #62
      Originally posted by sals54 View Post
      Production Order is on its way... I'm on pins and needles. I'll be a stark raving lunatic waiting several weeks for this thing to come. Is the Museum still using IBM punch cards and teletype machines to find this stuff? Or do they send a guy through an Indiana Jones type warehouse, with a flashlight, looking for it?
      Sal, really having fun watching how excited you are. Great winter time entertainment! Hope you get results you like.
      Pat Dilling
      Olivehurst, CA
      Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL


      LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

      Comment


      • #63
        Yeah Pat, I feel like a detective on the prowl. But, I'm a cop who requires immediate modern day computer speed answers, but I stepped into a time machine that will only place me in 1962.
        sals54

        Comment


        • #64
          Perhaps one day the museum will join the 21st century, maybe I'll live that long (smile).
          John Clements
          Christchurch, New Zealand

          Comment


          • #65
            I'm sure they are working with the latest 1960's technology available, files of paper copies that may or may not be in numerical order or model order. If someone wanted to volunteer to catigorize, cross reference and scan every piece of paperwork to CD's or DVD's for future use, I bet they'd let you. Andy seems to be very helpful and finds things pretty quick, if they're to be found. It only took a couple weeks to get my build sheet and documentation for the 1966 Daytona. Asking them to check V8 and 6Cylinder build sheets to see where mine fit in must have been a job, but they did it.
            Originally posted by avantilover View Post
            Perhaps one day the museum will join the 21st century, maybe I'll live that long (smile).
            sigpic1966 Daytona (The First One)
            1950 Champion Convertible
            1950 Champion 4Dr
            1955 President 2 Dr Hardtop
            1957 Thunderbird

            Comment


            • #66
              Well, what if all the local chapters within, say, about a 40 mile radius, volunteered some time to do just that ??? It doesn't have to be done quickly, just done someday. We also have hundreds of people who go to the International Meet there and near there every so often. What if some of those people formed teams of volunteers to go do some of that work ???? Just thinkin out loud.
              sals54

              Comment


              • #67
                Originally posted by avantilover View Post
                Perhaps one day the museum will join the 21st century, maybe I'll live that long (smile).
                I can't complain, Andy sent me the last remaining documents (some sort of shipping doicument and the name/address of the original owner, yes it's the name on the console plaque) on my car that I didn't have...and quickly too.
                No complaints from me.

                As you know, one of the joys of Studebakering is having access to all the records..something that Chevy guys (even those with high-dollar cars) can only dream of (because Chevy tossed their records).
                Oops, don't want to be called a "hater".


                But seriously, Ford, Pontiac and MOPAR guys have to pay big bucks for the kind of service we get from the SNM and Andy.
                Last edited by JBOYLE; 01-10-2013, 08:30 PM.
                63 Avanti R1 2788
                1914 Stutz Bearcat
                (George Barris replica)

                Washington State

                Comment


                • #68
                  Originally posted by thunderations View Post
                  I'm sure they are working with the latest 1960's technology available, files of paper copies that may or may not be in numerical order or model order. If someone wanted to volunteer to catigorize, cross reference and scan every piece of paperwork to CD's or DVD's for future use, I bet they'd let you. Andy seems to be very helpful and finds things pretty quick, if they're to be found. It only took a couple weeks to get my build sheet and documentation for the 1966 Daytona. Asking them to check V8 and 6Cylinder build sheets to see where mine fit in must have been a job, but they did it.
                  Fair enough, but two weeks seems (without knowing and having been to the Museum) a long time for the simple job of locating a filed record, copying it and posting it.

                  More to my point is that they (SNM) continually seem to beg for money in TW (generalizing) then, due to not accepting PayPal payments shoot themselves in the foot, as folks like me might say I'll send them $US100, but since they expect me to either email my visa card number or else give it to a stranger over the phone in contravention of modern safe electronic payment standards then I don't bother.

                  If they were capable of suppling an postage included invoice which I (anyone non US/Canada) could then pay via PayPal they would likely get some business.

                  Since they seem content to live in yesteryear despite my (maybe others too) mention of this to Tom Curtis and Stu Chapman and nothing has been done, (No criticism of Tom and Stu as I know the "right folks" have been advised) I wish they would stop their financial requests until they wake up, as I imagine they throw away (metaphorically speaking) thousands of dollars potential income from donations or merchandise purchases annually.

                  Just imagine an "organized" SNM where money is able to flow in 24/7 365/366 without human intervention, it would be nice to arrive each day to fulfill orders and add donations to their accounting system.

                  I wonder (also not knowing) how long it takes and what process Galen Govier and Kevin Marti use to provide the information they provide? Are their records computerized?
                  Last edited by avantilover; 01-10-2013, 09:57 PM.
                  John Clements
                  Christchurch, New Zealand

                  Comment


                  • #69
                    Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
                    I think they send a one legged Guy riding in a Studebaker Goat Wagon to go up and down the isles looking with a candle!!
                    Oh THATNON-STUDEBAKER NATIONAL MUSEUM MEMBERS!!!

                    Join us here http://www.studebakermuseum.org/p/membership/American Express slogan: "Membership has its privileges" (including SNM Member discounts + many other benefits)

                    Comment


                    • #70
                      I totally agree.
                      As an overseas member, I had to give them my credit card number to get my production order. Well, I trust them and everything went right but this is not a practical way.
                      If online orders were available to everybody, I can assure you that more stuff from the SNM would be presently at my home.
                      Let's hope they'll improve this point.
                      Nice week end to all.

                      Originally posted by avantilover View Post

                      More to my point is that they (SNM) continually seem to beg for money in TW (generalizing) then, due to not accepting PayPal payments shoot themselves in the foot, as folks like me might say I'll send them $US100, but since they expect me to either email my visa card number or else give it to a stranger over the phone in contravention of modern safe electronic payment standards then I don't bother.

                      If they were capable of suppling an postage included invoice which I (anyone non US/Canada) could then pay via PayPal they would likely get some business.
                      sigpic

                      Comment


                      • #71
                        I ain't LION Sal

                        Definitely a Frankenstein roof job. cheers jimmijim QUOTE=sals54;709088]Hey guys, jimmijim is a kidder, as am I. No cutting or torching is going on for this roof. We were just yankin each other's chains.
                        I will be requesting a purchase order for this car from the Museum. Then we'll see if its factory or dealer.[/QUOTE]
                        sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

                        Comment


                        • #72
                          You can order the production order from the SNM on their web site and pay for it with their secure check out.
                          sigpic1966 Daytona (The First One)
                          1950 Champion Convertible
                          1950 Champion 4Dr
                          1955 President 2 Dr Hardtop
                          1957 Thunderbird

                          Comment


                          • #73
                            Not if you are from overseas, as it asks (or maybe that has now changed) for you to enter your US State, naturally neither Christophe nor I can do do.

                            International

                            Canadian and International Orders

                            Our website is not able to process Canadian or International orders. Please place your order by calling the Museum Store at (574) 235-9714.

                            I'm sorry but in 2013 this is absolutely pathetic, small town museum living in yesterday's world.

                            Bad luck museum, you keep your items and lose any chance for donations, I'll keep my money.
                            Last edited by avantilover; 01-11-2013, 10:56 AM.
                            John Clements
                            Christchurch, New Zealand

                            Comment


                            • #74
                              I didn't realise that out of country orders had to be phoned in. That does seem to be antiquated in this cyberspace age. I know that paypal charges a heefty fee, but it would be better then loosing orders. When I travel out of country, my credit cards are honored and the foriegn currency is converted to US dollars. Strange that it doesn't work with out of country credit cards. Has anyone asked the SNM to look into getting out of country credit cards approved? Might be as simple as checking with the bank.
                              Originally posted by avantilover View Post
                              Not if you are from overseas, as it asks (or maybe that has now changed) for you to enter your US State, naturally neither Christophe nor I can do do.

                              International

                              Canadian and International Orders

                              Our website is not able to process Canadian or International orders. Please place your order by calling the Museum Store at (574) 235-9714.

                              I'm sorry but in 2013 this is absolutely pathetic, small town museum living in yesterday's world.

                              Bad luck museum, you keep your items and lose any chance for donations, I'll keep my money.
                              sigpic1966 Daytona (The First One)
                              1950 Champion Convertible
                              1950 Champion 4Dr
                              1955 President 2 Dr Hardtop
                              1957 Thunderbird

                              Comment


                              • #75
                                I think Stu Chapman told the person in charge but maybe they don't care.
                                Posting this from my kobo arc tablet what a great device.
                                John Clements
                                Christchurch, New Zealand

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X