• Show
Clear All

• Studebaker going to the dogs....

...sorta. Heading to the Dog Park in style!!Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4241.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	94.2 KB
ID:	1737796

One thing's for sure: Any dogs that like to chase cars will have their work cut out for them.
    Andy
    62 GT

Comment

We've got 2 corgis and a Hawk backseat would not be enough elbow room for them! You're lucky

Plus, I'm really sold on the idea of the back floor on a 4 door sedan being low enough for them to get in and out on their own and the bench seat keeping them contained IN the back seat area!

Don't shudder, the seats would be suitably covered....

Comment

There were a few muddy spots at the dog park, and of course, were promptly located by the dogs. Luckily, vinyl cleans up easily 'cause I had to do a little cleanup.

Comment

To: 63 R2 Hawk,-----That's a good looking GT!!

Comment

Your lucky you get to take your car out! Its already snowed a couple of times here in Boston. My Hawk is tucked away until April or May...
            sigpic
            1961 Flamingo Studebaker Hawk

Comment

You can always just take them with you for a parade. Here's our Jack Russell Terrior, Stanley, riding "Shotgun" during the Fiesta Bowl Pre-Parade.
              sigpic1966 Daytona (The First One)
              1950 Champion Convertible
              1950 Champion 4Dr
              1955 President 2 Dr Hardtop
              1957 Thunderbird

Comment

Originally posted by SN-60 View Post
                To: 63 R2 Hawk,-----That's a good looking GT!!
                Thanks. It's a driver, not a "show" car but she always turns heads wherever I go....

Comment

Originally posted by R_David View Post
                  Your lucky you get to take your car out! Its already snowed a couple of times here in Boston. My Hawk is tucked away until April or May...
                  We have had some gorgeous weather here lately, sunny with temps in the high 40s to mid 50s. Most people think it never stops raining in Oregon. I never pass up an opportunity to get Henrietta out to stretch her legs when we get a nice day now and then.

Comment

Since we're at it, here's Bjuique taking it easy behind Josephine.Click image for larger version

Name:	dscn4837.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	86.7 KB
ID:	1678417

Comment

Back during the 60s when I was growing up on the farm,we had the back seat of Moms 60 lark out morethan it was in.We used the flat floor area as a pickup bed to haul home 6 bags of feed,coal ,bales of hay,straw,whatever we needed it to do. Put a tarp over top back seat,spread shavings on the floor and hauled 4 baby pigs home and two other times hauled 3 baby calves and one time a larger calf that we tied his legs together so he rode laying down. We traveled 30-40 miles round trip that way.The pigs were the easiest to transport that way and clean out was a snap with broom and hosed things out. I dont recomend it,but we did what we had to do and the Lark was a double duty vechicle. We cleaned it out an than go to town shopping or the drive in or go vist Grandma. We had than car for over 10 years.
                      NEIL G.

Comment

Just so you know, these are NOT Pit Bulls!

Comment

Originally posted by 63 R2 Hawk View Post
                          Just so you know, these are NOT Pit Bulls!
                          No explanation needed. However, be aware if they were, and something bad happened...it would be blamed on the Studebaker!
                          John Clary
                          Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Working...
                          X