Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Barrett-Jackson Scottsdale has two 57 Golden Hawks going on the block.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barrett-Jackson Scottsdale has two 57 Golden Hawks going on the block.

Was just perusing through the lineup for the upcoming B-J auction in a couple of weeks and spotted two 57 Golden Hawks, One is black and the other is gold. From the photos they look like nice cars, but pictures lie. We will get a chance to see them in person again this year. We just go and drool, as B-J prices are too far beyond what I can afford. Maybe we will see another 57 GH hit close to $100,000 like a couple of years ago. Not that this is necessarily a good thing for our hobby. I saw no other Studes in the photo lineup.
    Last edited by 41 Frank; 01-04-2013, 08:45 AM.
    Frank van Doorn
    Omaha, Ne.
    1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed
    1941 Champion streetrod, R-2 Powered, GM 200-4R trans.
    1952 V-8 232 Commander State "Starliner" hardtop OD

Any idea what the catalog numbers were?
    Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
    1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

Originally posted by 41 Frank View Post
      Was just perusing through the lineup for the upcoming B-J auction in a couple of weeks and spotted two 57 Golden Hawks, One is black and the other is gold. From the photos they look like nice cars, but pictures lie. We will get a chance to see them in person again this year. We just go and drool, as B-J prices are too far beyond what I can afford. Maybe we will see another 57 GH hit close to $100.000 like a couple of years ago. Not that this is necessarily a good thing for our hobby. I saw no other Studes in the photo lineup.
      Uh, Frank....don't you want a comma where there is now a period in that number? BP

We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
      "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

http://www.barrett-jackson.com/appli...ln=988&aid=466

http://www.barrett-jackson.com/appli...n=1047&aid=466

Very nice cars. Both very interesting because of 3-speed manual transmission.
        sigpic

Comment

Frank , I think there are about 8 Studebakers at the sale. There are a couple of trucks one being a very nice looking 63 Champ that will go across the block on the sunday.
          sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

Looks like there will be a black 56GH going across the block as well,lot #435.
            Frank van Doorn
            Omaha, Ne.
            1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed

Comment

You probably need to come down and bid on that Champ Bob < GGG>, so the one you have will have a sibling! I didn't check the whole line up, just checked what I found in the way of pics. I sort of figured there would be more, there usually are.

Originally posted by 2R5 View Post
              Frank , I think there are about 8 Studebakers at the sale. There are a couple of trucks one being a very nice looking 63 Champ that will go across the block on the sunday.
              Frank van Doorn
              Omaha, Ne.
              1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed

Comment

Hey , I'd love to ....at least go down , but it won't happen this year.....maybe next year.
                sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

The gold one is the exact same car, as I have (- restoration) I take it the 2 3-speed hawks are not the ultra-rare factory-produced ones, but are rather 'mods', like mine with the 58L/T-86
                  Due to ongoing financial problems, I'll probably have to sell my hawk... it's on Craigs list (inland empire, Ca) I'd appreciate any input as to if I'm asking too much, or not enough, for a car in reasonably restoreble condition. thx... jim
                  http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/cto/3500533100.html
                  Last edited by jdbass; 01-04-2013, 10:53 AM. Reason: add link

Comment

I think there was another tread discussing this car already.

Comment

yes.. it was mine...http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.com/showthread.php?68019-57-Golden-Hawk-power-train-questions
                      Last edited by jdbass; 01-04-2013, 11:33 AM. Reason: add link

Comment

http://www.barrett-jackson.com/appli...&ed=01/20/2013
                        Mabel 1949 Champion
                        Hawk 1957 Silverhawk
                        Gus 1958 Transtar
                        The Prez 1955 President State
                        Blu 1957 Golden Hawk
                        Daisy 1954 Regal Commander Starlight Coupe
                        Fresno,Ca

Comment

Working...
                        X