Finally, Proof: STP means Scientifically Treated Petroleum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JEWELL View Post
    I don't know about you guys, but in the mid to late 1960's we had STP stickers stuck on our bikes, mini bikes, cars, motorcycles and garage walls. To us it said "our things go faster" with STP stickers.
    I still have an unopened package/pack of the mid-size oval STP stickers.
    Gary L.
    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
      'Never can tell what you'll find while looking for something else.

From the 1962 Lark Accessory brochure comes definitive proof that STP stands for Scientifically Treated Petroleum[COLOR=#ff0000][I]...or at least it did in the 1960s....

]
      As I stated in the other post on this, when Studebaker first started selling STP, it was Scientifically Treated Petroleum. After STP branched out into other things, like air/oil filters, STP was Scientifically Tested Products. We should also remember that STP was not a Studebaker invention. STP was originated in Germany.
      Gary L.
      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
      Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Originally posted by studegary View Post
        As I stated in the other post on this, when Studebaker first started selling STP, it was Scientifically Treated Petroleum. After STP branched out into other things, like air/oil filters, STP was Scientifically Tested Products. We should also remember that STP was not a Studebaker invention. STP was originated in Germany.
        As I also said in the other topic, the distinction is between STP the product (earlier) and STP the company (later), after Chemical Compounds morphed into STP the company. (Kind of like if Kimberly-Clark suddenly became Kleenex...or I suppose it would be vice-versa!) BP

We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
        "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Working...
        X