No announcement yet.

Odd accessory found at York swap meet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Odd accessory found at York swap meet.

Picked this up at York last year. Thought it was different and hadn't seen one before. The tube is actually the pump used to fill the air mattress. Any other oddball stude accessories out there?

Larry Y
    North Wales, PA

I assume this was for Wagonaires.
    Scott Rodgers
    Los Angeles
    SDC Member since 1989
    \'60 Lark HT
    \'63 Wagonaire
    \'66 Frankenbaker

Comment

Cool!
      Thanks for sharing such a unique item!
      Can't be a lot of these around.
      sigpic1957 Packard Clipper Country Sedan

"There's nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer"
      Lt. Col. Jimmy Doolittle
      "I have a great memory for forgetting things" Number 1 son, Lee Chan

Comment

now THAT is different! Thanks for sharing.
        No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

These were very popular with the Nash and Rambler crowd. Since many of the front seats folded flat in Nash made cars, they promoted them for camping and hunting/fishing. The company also offered insect screens to go over the window openings when the car was used for sleeping.
          RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

17A-S2 - 50 Commander convertible
          10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
          10G-Q4 - 51 Champion business coupe
          4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
          5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon
          56B-D4 - 56 Commander station wagon
          60V-L6 - 60 Lark convertible

Comment

There was one of those in South Bend last year. It was way too rich for my blood but it sold anyway. That's pretty neat about the tube doubling as the pump

Comment

SP-50044. That's really cool! I've never seen one, now I need to check the books for the number.
              Chris Dresbach

Comment

Originally posted by scott.rodgers View Post
                I assume this was for Wagonaires.
                A cool beans item, for sure.

'Probably not originally designed or marketed for Wagonaires, though, Scott. That Part Number sequencing (SP instead of AC) and accessory label design had been phased out by the time the 1963 Wagonaire was introduced. Many of those would have still been in the pipeline and, of course, this one survived, but as an accessory, it was surely introduced some time before the sliding-roof Wagonaire was a reality. BP
                We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
                "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
                  A cool beans item, for sure.

'Probably not originally designed or marketed for Wagonaires, though, Scott. That Part Number sequencing (SP instead of AC) and accessory label design had been phased out by the time the 1963 Wagonaire was introduced. Many of those would have still been in the pipeline and, of course, this one survived, but as an accessory, it was surely introduced some time before the sliding-roof Wagonaire was a reality. BP
                  For the Wagonaires there was a cargo mat and also a rear deck cushion set available as accessories from Studebaker.
                  Gary L.
                  Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                  Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Working...
                  X