Now this is a long shot !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now this is a long shot !!!

Has anybody got one of these they'd love to sell me ??? ( the old evaporator that goes on the window )

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	31.3 KB
ID:	1737086

Always a few for sale here on the West Coast at the January Turlock general swap meet.
    Years ago there were fiberglas reproductions made.

BTW: Won't be effective in your damp climate.
    KURTRUK
    (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by kurtruk View Post
      Always a few for sale here on the West Coast at the January Turlock general swap meet.
      Years ago there were fiberglas reproductions made.

It would probably end up with more water in it then when I started off ha ha
      I wouldn't use it for its normal purpose just for car shows I've read some tend to break the side glass

Comment

If you are looking for a neat display for car gatherings, how about finding one of those window trays the car hops brought out at drive-in restaurants. One of those, a fake burger and fries (or fish 'n chips) and a classic coke bottle make a great display.

You could probably buy that much cheaper than one of those swamp coolers and it wouldn't look nearly as goofy to folks who have no idea of what that cooler was really for.
        John Clary
        Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Won't be effective in your damp climate.
          What he said, Sean!
          These are evaporative coolers. They require the hot air to have an absence of humidity to work at all. GREAT for Arizona and Saudi Arabia; not so much for Kensington.
          "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
          Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
          sigpic'33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée"

Comment

Not to mention the cold and damp...
            When I was in the UK (for two years) I never took off my leather jacket.

Really, it's a great place and I'm sure one would draw a lot of interest at car shows there.
            63 Avanti R1 2788
            1914 Stutz Bearcat
            (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

Originally posted by jclary View Post
              If you are looking for a neat display for car gatherings, how about finding one of those window trays the car hops brought out at drive-in restaurants. One of those, a fake burger and fries (or fish 'n chips) and a classic coke bottle make a great display.

You could probably buy that much cheaper than one of those swamp coolers and it wouldn't look nearly as goofy to folks who have no idea of what that cooler was really for.
              They'd steal the fish n chips and the coke over here ha ha them window trays don't float me boat either and we've loads of goofy folks over here who've never heard of Studebaker but its nice to educate them

Comment

Originally posted by JBOYLE View Post
                Not to mention the cold and damp...
                When I was in the UK (for two years) I never took off my leather jacket.

Really, it's a great place and I'm sure one would draw a lot of interest at car shows there.
                Ha ha you a man or mouse jboyle !!! You wouldn't like it here at the mo its done nowt but bloody rain

Comment

http://motors.shop.ebay.com/eBay-Mot...0.l1313&_rdc=1
                  Dave Hugo
                  Duncan, SC
                  sigpic 1959 Silver Hawk 1955 President

Comment

I have a A&W Root Beer tray that hangs on the window. got the fake burger& fries, also got an old thick glass A&W mug. Painted the inside Root Beer color then filled it with foam fill.
                    Took the GT to a midsummer show and sat behind the car with a cooler full of canned A&W. Gave them away to folks who looked like they needed one.
                    It was a people's choice show, so guess what?
                    I won FIRST PLACE!!
                    Neil Thornton

Comment

You are one clever dude. Way to go Neil !!!

Comment

Those are so cool----My dad had two when I was a kid. Had both on the rear windows of the station wagon.. Now to me, they look like turbos out the window.....Many dry cleaning facilites use something similar on the roof( we call them swamp coolers here in Iowa).

Comment

Even I've been educated didn't know they were called that swamp coolers and Duncan 1951 thanks for the eBay link
                          Rockinghawk what is A&W ???

Comment

what is A&W ???[/QUOTE] ---> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A%26W_Root_Beer

Cool thing this swamp cooler. A friend of mine has one on his Packard.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Swiss-Goldenhawk View Post
                              what is A&W ???
                              ---> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A%26W_Root_Beer

Cool thing this swamp cooler. A friend of mine has one on his Packard.[/QUOTE]
                              Ah I see just a brand name which make is the one on his Packard do you know ??? And any chance of posting a picture ??

Comment

Working...
                              X