Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flashback
    replied
    I didn't think yall would miss all the jacks. I have most of them hid in an old bus out in the woods. I just put a few in the shop. someone snitched.

Leave a comment:

• Morris Van Horne
    replied
    My Grandmother gave me her Studie back in 1981 in eastern Montana. We drove it home without the jack to Wa state followed by my wife In our Datsun, and had to use the Datsun scissor jack to fix a flat.

6 years later we went back to Mont, went out to her long-abandoned farm 35 miles out of town. As we were leaving the farm, I spotted the jack standing in its stand on the front steps to the farmhouse. It had been there, unmollested for over 30 years! It has a place of honor now in it's original trunk.

Leave a comment:

• hudsonbill
    replied
    1958 Packard jack I have one ///// make offer.

Leave a comment:

• jrlemke
    replied
    The P/H jack shown looks like the one that came with my '57 Buick. I think it was the original, but I'm not sure. Jim

Leave a comment:

• rockne10
    replied
    Under the front seat of my '33 for probably 81 years.

Yep! The piece on the right is the starter crank !

Leave a comment:

• Warren Webb
    replied
    Wow! I just got a surprise! Finally opened the rear tailgate of my 59 Lark wagon, lifted up the rear floor section & lo & behold- there was not just one jack but two, sitting complete with bases & even a spare tire. Of course the tire was flat & rotten but what a surprise! Now to see which one is the original- their both different.

Leave a comment:

• Swifster
    replied
    Originally posted by Skip Lackie View Post
    I brought two Stude jacks to Reedsville to sell. Nobody was interested. Doesn't seem to be a high-demand item.
    Until you need one or two...

Leave a comment:

• Skip Lackie
    replied
    I brought two Stude jacks to Reedsville to sell. Nobody was interested. Doesn't seem to be a high-demand item.

Leave a comment:

• DSpreeman
    replied
    Jack tools...

I found these under my M15a seat!
    ....but no jack
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• DSpreeman
    replied
    These pics bring back memories! Ugh!
    Originally posted by thunderations View Post
    This is an unrestored jack that came in my 1950 Regal Deluxe Starlight Coupe. The bar is 31 inches long and the hook fits the bumper nicely. It even works, but I'm still not going to trust it. As far as I know, it is correct.
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]19934[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]19935[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]19936[/ATTACH]

Leave a comment:

• Mrs K Corbin
    replied
    got one between the eyes from a Hi-Lift Farm Jack that did the same thing..... saw Stars and still have the scar....

Leave a comment:

• rockne10
    replied
    Originally posted by hawk gt 62 rhd View Post
    This jack is really the only wrong thing on a Stude.
    All cars of the period came with pretty much the same bumper jack. It is absolutely not a safe tool but, even the more modern scissor jacks have stability issues. I would choose to use neither if I had the option to carry a floor jack and jack stands. I once had to change a flat tire on the rear of a '57 Cadillac on a Christmas Eve at night at the top of a mountain in a full blown snowstorm in order to make it home for the holiday; YEAH! Just like John Walton in the original "Homecoming" movie.
    It's what we had at the time. We used what we had; hopefully exercising some modicum of common sense. A half century or more has passed and much has improved; not least of which is our ability to summon help with touch of a cell phone.

Leave a comment:

• JoeHall
    replied
    Originally posted by hawk gt 62 rhd View Post
    Those USA jacks man,dangerous stuff not to be used at all
    You will not only have a flat tire but also an accident.
    This jack is really the only wrong thing on a Stude.
    Agree. I still have a scar about 2" long on the side of my left knee, from the late 1960s. It happened when a bumper jack popped put from under the rear bumper of a 56J, and the top of the stalk "got me".

Leave a comment:

• Swifster
    replied
    I'm good. I have two jacks, bases and wrenches...

Leave a comment:

• rockne10
    replied
    I have one from a '60 Lark and one from a '63 Cruiser I can bring to Reedsville; but no lug wrench.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X