Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did anyone take a close look at this 52 on eBay?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did anyone take a close look at this 52 on eBay?

There is a 52 Commander Starlight in the parts section of eBay which is a little unusual. It looks like someone took a 57-58 Golden Hawk engine and also the steering column and put it in this car, and then evidently lost interest. The seller doesn't even mention the engine, except to wrongly say that it is original. Too bad the supercharger is missing!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...ayphotohosting

Leonard Shepherd
    http://leonardshepherd.com/

I noticed the engine too. Too bad he sanded so much paint off the car and then left it to rust. Not much left of the dash pieces or anything else. Fortunately for me it is too far away because I would probably have to go look and one thing might lead to another and I would own it.
    There is another 52 on ebay that is near one of our Arkansas members, but the starting bid seems too high to me.

1952 Champion Starlight since October,1971. 1962 Daytona
    since May, 2007.Searcy,Arkansas
    "In the heart of Arkansas."
    Searcy, Arkansas
    1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
    1952 2R pickup

Comment

I noticed the engine too. Too bad he sanded so much paint off the car and then left it to rust. Not much left of the dash pieces or anything else. Fortunately for me it is too far away because I would probably have to go look and one thing might lead to another and I would own it.
      There is another 52 on ebay that is near one of our Arkansas members, but the starting bid seems too high to me.

1952 Champion Starlight since October,1971. 1962 Daytona
      since May, 2007.Searcy,Arkansas
      "In the heart of Arkansas."
      Searcy, Arkansas
      1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
      1952 2R pickup

Comment

That looks like something Ted H. could have owned and raced once! [}]

When it was nice of course![^]

StudeRich
        Studebakers Northwest
        Ferndale, WA
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

That looks like something Ted H. could have owned and raced once! [}]

When it was nice of course![^]

StudeRich
          Studebakers Northwest
          Ferndale, WA
          StudeRich
          Second Generation Stude Driver,
          Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

If anyone buys it, I've got an old VS-57S supercharger that looks to be in exactly the same condition as that car and engine...you know, to keep the package "original." [}] BP
            We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
            "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

If anyone buys it, I've got an old VS-57S supercharger that looks to be in exactly the same condition as that car and engine...you know, to keep the package "original." [}] BP
              We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
              "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Working...
              X