X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Golden Hawk Air Cleaner Box on Ebay

I just found this rare part on Ebay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1957-58-Gold...c4b5b3&vxp=mtr

This air box is quite hard to find nowadays. A funny story about my 1957 Golden Hawk, the air cleaner was missing for years and finally I got such an original airbox on Ebay, it took a very long time.

Happy new year.
    sigpic

To: Swiss-Goldenhawk,----I agree, this air cleaner assy (NOS) is a very rare part.....But if someone with a GH really needed and couldn't find one, a very close substitute can be 'created' from a '55-'57
    passenger car oil bath unit (That's what's on My Speedster with the GH blower setup)
    Last edited by SN-60; 12-31-2012, 06:50 PM.

Comment

Here's a shot of what was a '55 President Sedan oil bath air cleaner.
      Attached Files

Comment

Oh there it is again<G>,just bulging with "READY-GO"
        Originally posted by SN-60 View Post
        Here's a shot of what was a '55 President Sedan oil bath air cleaner.
        Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

The business card in the last pix explains the price. That vendor has always been EXTREMELY proud of his parts.

Comment

To: 63t-cab,-----Joe,..it's too bad there aren't more of those supercharger systems laying around.....because bolted onto a 259, it really does enhance that engines 'performability' !!

Comment

(That's what's on My Speedster with the GH blower setup)
              Did you get the '57 blower under the '55 hood with no modifications to the hood?

If so, how did you get it all under there? My air cleaner and air box clear, but the supercharger touches the hood

Please post a photo of your installation if you can?

Thanks,

Comment

Ooops!

The photo just came up.

Thanks

Comment

To: Don Jeffers,----That's it Don....There was NO WAY that I was going to add a scoop to the hood (or even do that to a spare hood) I am thinking about having a spare hood louvered, painted black, and run that on the
                  Speedster occasionally.

Comment

To: Don Jeffers,----That's it Don....There was NO WAY that I was going to add a scoop to the hood (or even do that to a spare hood) I am thinking about having a spare hood louvered, painted black, and run that on the
                    Speedster occasionally.
                    Ed, I've heard lovers in the hood allow heat to escape. Only drawback is when it rains.

Comment

To: JoeHall,----And getting some of the heat the heck out of there sounds like a great idea!! In reality, this car hardly ever sees rain anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeHall View Post
                        The business card in the last pix explains the price. That vendor has always been EXTREMELY proud of his parts.
                        I recently sold a NOS one for the same price. That is cheep compared to some rare air cleaners. I remember the truck & trailer load of new & used parts I hauled in 10 years ago from OK. A Packard Caribbean air cleaner which also fits some GM 2x4v set-ups almost paid for the whole load.
                        Barry'd in Studes

Comment

Wow!....$402.00 plus shipping.....must have been that 'original cardboard box'!

Comment

I think that's a realistic price. I paid almost the same for my air cleaner.
                            sigpic

Comment

Working...
                            X