52 Commander on ebay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RadioRoy View Post
    So far, no one has questioned the mileage. Is it really a 37K mile car? That means when Richard owned it, it had REALLY low miles on it.
    Good question Roy. It was a low mileage car when I owned it but to be honest I did not record the exact mileage. It could be correct. I called the guy who I sold it to (Lloyd Frette) in Urbandale, IA and as I suspected he had passed away but only about a year ago. I know after he restored it and painted it black that he seldom drove it. He had two other identical cars and his widow tells me she still has those. One finished and one unfinished.
    Richard Quinn
    Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Comment

As I was sitting on the couch today reading the <Arizona Republic> newspaper the auto section had a listing for the 52 Commander hardtop discussed here. No asking price listed. This time of the year this paper has a very large antique and classic car section as folks know there are a lot of buyers in town for the auctions. Still listed as a "Starlight" hardtop, 32K original miles!
      Frank van Doorn
      Omaha, Ne.
      1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed
      1941 Champion streetrod, R-2 Powered, GM 200-4R trans.
      1952 V-8 232 Commander State "Starliner" hardtop OD

Comment

All i can say is if you want a nice car, you more than likely will have to pay a nice price for it.
        101st Airborne Div. 326 Engineers Ft Campbell Ky.

Comment

Working...
        X