Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• acolds
    replied
    Could be a case of being unhappy with the "President or Commander " the grill should be saved good ones for 1955 hard to find hope some one put it away for future use

Leave a comment:

• Bish
    replied
    I'll bet that those front fenders were rust free! A former co-worker from NYC remembers seeing a Golden Hawk roped off in a city showroom that was headed for Egypt for King Farouk. It supposedly had some goldplated trim, but I wonder if he was confused by the regular GH trim.
    Bish

Leave a comment:

• BubbaBear
    replied
    The caption for that photo:

A mob surrounds flaming auto belonging to the U.S. Embassy in Cairo, Egypt on February 15, 1961, after setting it on fire during protest of death of Patrice Lumumba in the Congo. Lumumba was a Congolese independence leader and the first legally elected Prime Minister of the Republic of the Congo. After a power struggle and a military coup, Lumumba was killed by firing squad -- an act many believe was committed with the assistance of the government of the United States and for which the Belgian government officially apologized in 2002.(AP Photo) #

http://www.theatlantic.com/infocus/2...n-1961/100172/

Leave a comment:

• qsanford
    replied
    Then there is the possibility it was painted Lemon/Lime. That might have set someone off!

Leave a comment:

• Kurt
    replied
    Originally posted by 52hawk View Post
    Maybe because it had a SBC under the hood?
    That was VERY good.......

Leave a comment:

• qsanford
    replied
    Because it was the epitome of Western decadence! All that wretched excess! The Luxury! The Power! <GGG>

Leave a comment:

• sals54
    replied
    Gimme that car and let me have half an hour with the buffer and some Lark Shine..... it'll be good as new.

Leave a comment:

• Roscomacaw
    replied
    52Hawk - thanks for the laugh! If I'd have had a mouthful of liquid, I'd be mad at you!

Leave a comment:

• s2dwagon
    replied
    Perhaps they treat parking violators very harshly in Egypt.

Leave a comment:

• 52hawk
    replied
    Maybe because it had a SBC under the hood?

Leave a comment:

• aarrggh
    started a topic . Studebaker Cabbage .

. Studebaker Cabbage .

Why were the people of Egypt picking on this innocent Studebaker during one of there protesting moments ?

Working...
X