Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gas door guard for 53

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by avantilover View Post
    Chuck Collins has one on his website
    No tri-star there. If there was such an animal, does anyone have a picture to show?
    "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

    Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
    '33 Rockne 10,
    '51 Commander Starlight,
    '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée",
    '56 Sky Hawk

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by 53commander View Post
      I have one from the dealer on my 53 but those parts are being stored during the resto. If I can get there and dig it out I'll snap a pic.
      Do you remember if yours had a tri star on it ?

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by rockne10 View Post
        No tri-star there. If there was such an animal, does anyone have a picture to show?
        Look on page 175 of "Studebaker's Finest". It is pictured there.
        That is a Copyrighted book so it shouldn't be copied here. If you have a 1953 C/K, you should have the book.
        Gary L.
        Wappinger, NY

        SDC member since 1968
        Studebaker enthusiast much longer

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by studegary View Post
          Look on page 175 of "Studebaker's Finest". It is pictured there.
          That is a Copyrighted book so it shouldn't be copied here. If you have a 1953 C/K, you should have the book.
          I have seen this one, and one used one that was damaged. I am almost certain the 53 I had in 1959-62 had one on it with the tri-star. I want buy one with the tri-star.

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by Flashback View Post
            I have seen this one, and one used one that was damaged.
            Do you own the damaged one? Is it stainless steel?

            Comment


            • #21
              No Matthew, I didn't buy it at the time. I should have. It's been about four years ago. If I had it, you would have it soon for repair. LOl

              Comment


              • #22
                I suspect that the tri-star type never reached production. Apart from the photo in the accessory brochure and John Bridges book (which looks very airbrushed) I have never seen.

                Chris.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by Flashback View Post
                  Do you remember if yours had a tri star on it ?
                  see post #14

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by 53commander View Post
                    see post #14
                    I am sorry I wasn't paying attention, and missed this. Is yours for sale ?

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      SI has them without the star. Steve
                      sigpic

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by stude dude View Post
                        Yes, I have a couple. Message sent.

                        Chris.
                        Big big thanks to chris as the gas door guard turned up yesterday

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X