Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• raoul5788
    replied
    The Clipper emblem is hard to find. I looked for 10 years before finding it this year at York, for $20! The insert on my wagon is rare as hen's teeth. The one I got from Joe is the only nice one I have ever seen.

Leave a comment:

• 58PackardWagon
    replied
    As for your script, I have found some decent ones in junk yards. Have to take your time in taking them off.
    As for the plastic emblems.....I sold my "only" 57 probably 5 years ago. Chip has it on his wagon. As for the 58's I have three nos tucked away.
    Might be willing to sell one if I knew it was going on a car. The last one I sold went for big dollars on ebay three or four years ago.

Leave a comment:

• SN-60
    replied
    To: StudeDave57,-----If You are willing to part company with ANY of that 'rare stuff' (which apparently You ARE willing to do) You automatically go to #1 on the CLASS GUY meter! (I know more people that
    won't part with ANYTHING whether they're ever going to use it or not.)

Leave a comment:

• StudeDave57
    replied
    Originally posted by SN-60 View Post
    To: StudeDave57,---- Sounds like My 'urging' has convinced You to do the 'right thing'................GOOD FOR YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    If that's what you wanna think- go for it.
    Folks who pay attention know that I don't need to be urged.
    Just ask Carl (for one) if he agrees with me.

StudeDave '57

Leave a comment:

• SN-60
    replied
    To: StudeDave57,---- Sounds like My 'urging' has convinced You to do the 'right thing'................GOOD FOR YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• StudeDave57
    replied
    it's none of your business, but....

Originally posted by SN-60 View Post
    People that dangle a 'carrot' in front of someone searching for that 'carrot'.... and then pull it back...REAL CLASS!!
    Nope- 'class' is commenting on that which you know NOTHING about.

The Forum has this cool feature- maybe you've heard of it?
    They're called PERSONAL MEASSAGES...

Since it's NONE of your business I will not be Ccing you on the PM I am sending to StudeMichael.

StudeDave '57

Leave a comment:

• Roscomacaw
    replied
    I went out and looked. Found a '58 "Packard" script and one for a Constellation, but no '57 "Clipper" I may well have one - just not in that place.

Leave a comment:

• SN-60
    replied
    Originally posted by StudeDave57 View Post
    So the ones I have on my two 'spare' decklids should be saved, eh?
    I'll keep that in mind.

StudeDave '57
    People that dangle a 'carrot' in front of someone searching for that 'carrot'.... and then pull it back...REAL CLASS!!

Leave a comment:

• Roscomacaw
    replied
    I will look in my little box of chromed treasures.

Leave a comment:

• JBOYLE
    replied
    I have afreind who restored a rare 1920s Laird biplane. Since he's a retired dentist he made his own casting for hard to find items like correct wingtip light houisings and lenes.

Now he's building a correct replica of a Sopwith Pup WWI fighter...complete with a WWI French rotary (the cylinders spin...not a Wankel) engine.

So getting new pieces shouldn't be impossible. Might be pricey to have chromed, but not impossible to get.

Leave a comment:

• StudeMichael
    replied
    If you do and you want to sell please let me know Rosco

Leave a comment:

• Roscomacaw
    replied
    I think I HAVE one of those out in a box full of script pieces in the shop. I'll hafta look.

Leave a comment:

• StudeDave57
    replied
    Let's not forget~ that plastic piece is different between '57 and '58.
    And on both years- it's only used on wagons.

But we're not talking about those- we're talking about that 'Clipper' name plate.
    A '58 does NOT have one. They were only on '57s.

StudeDave '57

Leave a comment:

• StudeMichael
    replied
    1958 is probably the same but earlier years are different. Based on the small production numbers there just aren't many available.

Leave a comment:

• StudeDave57
    replied
    So the ones I have on my two 'spare' decklids should be saved, eh?
    I'll keep that in mind.

StudeDave '57

Leave a comment:

Working...
X