The Silent but Powerful 'President Eight'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Silent but Powerful 'President Eight'

The engine runs so smoothly and quietly in this President, that one onlooker asked if the car had stalled and was coasting!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by SN-60; 12-21-2012, 02:42 PM.

Now that is one fine automobile,Ed that photo was taken some time ago right ?
    Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

To: 63t-cab,---It's a beauty! and yes, the photo was taken in I believe 2010 at the SDC OCEAN BAY CHAPTER'S annual 'Octoberfest' held at the Museum Of Transportation in Brookline, Massachusetts.

Comment

That car is still mostly original and has had a minimum of work done on it. It is one of only 8 of this year and body style known.
        Richard Quinn
        Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Comment

Nine 1932 President roadsters Dick. We know where 8 are. Bobby Crumps disapeared about 15-20 years ago. It'll surface someday.

Comment

I didn't count it because I think it was parted out.
            Richard Quinn

Comment

RE: Posts #5 and #6. If Rex Miltenberger and Dick Quinn can't place a specific President of the subject era, it was probably driven off the face of the earth at some point! BP
              We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
              "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Originally posted by 63t-cab View Post
                Now that is one fine automobile,Ed that photo was taken some time ago right ?
                There is a late model Dodge Charger behind it.

Comment

Originally posted by StudeMichael View Post
                  There is a late model Dodge Charger behind it.
                  Actually, that would be a Challenger.
                  KURTRUK
                  (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

TO: Studebaker Wheel,----Would You happen to know the current whereabouts/status of a '31 Studebaker President Touring Car that was in the Boston area up to about 25 years ago when the
                    owner (McGowan) relocated to West Palm Beach, Florida? The car was tu-tone greeen with green leather. It seemed like the biggest Studebaker passenger car I ever saw! Governor Pinchot (?) of PA
                    had one similar to it way back when (Model 90?) Thanks Q!

Comment

Yes, Mr McGowan still owns it and is still in Florida. He has done some tinkering with it but it is still in essentially the same condition it was in when he moved. There is a second one in Florida that belongs to Ed Prince. It has been completely restored. It was shown at the Lancaster Intl meet. I believe it is for sale so let me know if you are interested. Yes these ('31 model 90s) were the longest wheelbase passenger cars that Studebaker made 136." There are four touring cars known. The governor Pinchot car has survived and is in pretty much original condition and is still in PA.
                      Richard Quinn

Comment

TO: Studebaker Wheel,----I'm glad it occured to Me to ask You about this car....There was once a time that I saw it every day, and since I haven't spoken to Him in years.....was wondering if the
                        restoration was ever completed. This tourer was pretty much in original condition....the way it was when obtained from the fellow in Maine. He also probably still owns a '31 Commander Coupe.
                        Thanks very much for this update Q, and HAPPY HOLIDAYS to You and Yours!
                        Last edited by SN-60; 12-21-2012, 04:25 PM.

Comment

Studebaker certainly did 'Get It Right' during that era! ...MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL!
                          Attached Files

Comment

That is a handsome but enormous car!
                            Diesel loving, autocrossing, Coupe express loving, Grandpa Architect.

Comment

Working...
                            X