New News on the Michael Kelly Case

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New News on the Michael Kelly Case

Since 2006 Kelly has been held in jail awaiting his fate. This came up last night.

http://www.fbi.gov/chicago/press-rel...meshare-leases
    Jim
    Often in error, never in doubt
    http://rabidsnailracing.blogspot.com/

____1966 Avanti II RQA 0088_______________1963 Avanti R2 63R3152____________http://rabidsnailracing.blogspot.com/

Originally posted by jlmccuan View Post
    Since 2006 Kelly has been held in jail awaiting his fate. This came up last night.

http://www.fbi.gov/chicago/press-rel...meshare-leases
    Strange sequences of events; after being jailed for 6 years; his father dies last month; http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...ighlight=kelly a court now frees Mike. Justice works in strange ways!

Comment

Being a retired person and on fix income I have nothing but ill feelings for someone like this, hope he rots in jail and dies soon so as not to be a burden on us tax payers, and is a bad name for the Avanti.
      Candbstudebakers
      Castro Valley,
      California

Comment

Interesting....no mention of the ill fated Avanti project.
        Richard Quinn
        Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Comment

Originally posted by candbstudebakers View Post
          Being a retired person and on fix income I have nothing but ill feelings for someone like this, hope he rots in jail and dies soon so as not to be a burden on us tax payers, and is a bad name for the Avanti.
          And almost as bad -- he made his millions from Federal subsidies to ethanol distillers!
          Skip Lackie

Comment

There's absolutely no question - this guy is a scumbag of the first order. I wonder how many trusting Studebaker enthusiasts he hooked into his investmant schemes.

He probably won't see much time in a real prison though. White collar criminals usually end up in minimum security places that are luxurious country clubs compared to the places that violent criminals get warehoused. There used to be a federal prison in Danbury, CT that was considered the place to be sentenced if you were convicted of a federal white collar crime - more like a hotel without the ability to leave when you want. Sort of an enforced no-pay vacation. Personally, I think each white collar criminal should have to share a cell with a violent criminal. Maybe if that were the case there'd be a lot fewer crimes of this sort.
            Mike O'Handley, Cat Herder Third Class
            Kenmore, Washington
            hausdok@msn.com

'58 Packard Hawk
            '05 Subaru Baja Turbo
            '71 Toyota Crown Coupe
            '69 Pontiac Firebird
            (What is it with me and discontinued/orphan cars?)

Comment

A sympathetic bunch aren't we. And at Christmas season too.
              Richard Quinn
              Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Comment

Originally posted by Studebaker Wheel View Post
                Interesting....no mention of the ill fated Avanti project.
                Maybe the "Master" mentioned in that article sold off the "AVANTIAVANTIs.

Of course, we can still hold out hope that the likes of Maserati/Lamborghini/Porsche "AVANTI" rights as well!!!

Comment

A sympathetic bunch aren't we. And at Christmas season too.
                  Come on, Dick - a crud is a crud, no matter what time of season.
                  Kelly is a crud.
                  The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

The additional jail time mentioned for his assorted crimes in the article most likely means that a prison Dr. will be signing his death certificate. He's better enjoy his 4 months of home confinement with the monitor and GPS while the colon cancer is treated. Its likely the last time outside that he will have. Avanti owners and Avanti fans should breathe a sigh of relief that Avanti was not mentioned in his list of crimes.
                    sigpic[SIGPIC]

Comment

FRIENDSFRIENDS" for?!?!

Comment

I heard the news last night from some other cars guys. I about fell out of my chair when I heard that he is out of the federal pen at least for a while. I'll bet that he's staying at his parents house in Lakeville.

I also noticed they did not mention Avanti, which is probably a good thing. I won't hold my breath on it, but hopefully someday, somebody, ANYBODY, will keep the Avanti in production.
                        Chris Dresbach

Comment

I would like to see someone resurrect Avanti as well, but in today's economic climate and the uncertainty of our economic future, that looks bleak at best. You never know, though...as Avanti has been brought back to life several times against all common sense by others, though only Nate Altman made it a profitable concern. It was easier (by comparison) to do so when he did. Today it would take some mighty large cajones and very deep pockets to do so. It was nearly ten years before the last iteration of the Avanti came about...it can happen again. It doesn't have to make sense...economically or logically. It takes a car guy with a vision.
                          Poet...Mystic...Soldier of Fortune. As always...self-absorbed, adversarial, cocky and in general a malcontent.

Comment

I have an 87 in case anyone is interested.
                            Candbstudebakers
                            Castro Valley,
                            California

Comment

Well, to keep both the detractors and the civil discourse enthusiasts happy, might we offer:

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...ail&FORM=VIRE7
                              We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
                              "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Working...
                              X