New News on the Michael Kelly Case

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by StudeMichael View Post
    Everything I have read states that Studebaker stock went up in value after they stopped the production of automobiles.
    I'm also curious to know at which point in time Studebaker stock became 'worthless'. The only time I could possibly see when that would have happened would have been over one of the mergers, MLW or McGraw-Edison, but I don't think the SEC would ever allow shares of the 'lesser' company becoming worthless.

Craig

Comment

Originally posted by jnfweber
      From this thread, I picked up a link which is a fairly complete, accurate, and brief history of the Avanti and the demise of its many iterations. http://ateupwithmotor.com/sports-car...er-avanti.html
      i"m getting this when i went to open the above site:

Warning: Dangerous Site

Whoa!

Are you sure you want to go there?

http://ateupwithmotor.com/sports-cars-and-muscle-c... may be risky to visit.
      Why were you redirected to this page?
      • When we visited this site, we found it exhibited one or more risky behaviors.

Back Visit anywayLegal Notices
      Kerry. SDC Member #A012596W. ENCSDC member.

'51 Champion Business Coupe - (Tom's Car). Purchased 11/2012.

'40 Champion. sold 10/11. '63 Avanti R-1384. sold 12/10.

Comment

Originally posted by jnfweber
        From this thread, I picked up a link which is a fairly complete, accurate, and brief history of the Avanti and the demise of its many iterations. http://ateupwithmotor.com/sports-car...er-avanti.html
        I wouldn't refer to it as "accurate. There are some of the usual errors and some new ones.
        Examples:
        1) calling Lincoln's carriage a Studebaker
        2) captioned a 1950 as a "1951"
        3) stating that Loewy transferred three from NYC - Loewy hired Kellogg in CA
        4) "...$2368, more than $1100 less than the '64 Avanti." - seems like $1000 is lost somewhere
        5) "...Firebird...F body's plastic body panels..." - seems like they confused the Firebird with the Fiero
        6) The production figures given for 2001-2007 are much higher than I can believe and that I have seen elsewhere.
        These are the major items that I noticed with a quick read. There are also missing words in many places.
        Last edited by studegary; 12-27-2012, 10:45 AM. Reason: missing e
        Gary L.
        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
        Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Craig; What is the source for this information? Always a good idea to include that.
          Richard Quinn
          Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Comment

Originally posted by Studebaker Wheel View Post
            Craig; What is the source for this information? Always a good idea to include that.
            Link on Post #28. Are you reading this thread backwards?

Craig
            Last edited by 8E45E; 02-26-2015, 04:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by studegary View Post
              I wouldn't refer to it as "accurate. There are some of the usual errors and some new ones.
              Examples:
              1) calling Lincoln's carriage a Studebaker
              2) captioned a 1950 as a "1951"
              3) stating that Loewy transferred three from NYC - Loewy hired Kellogg in CA
              4) "...$2368, more than $1100 less than the '64 Avanti." - seems like $1000 is lost somewhere
              5) "...Firebird...F body's plastic body panels..." - sems like they confused the Firebird with the Fiero
              6) The production figures given for 2001-2007 are much higher than I can believe and that I have seen elsewhere.
              These are the major items that I noticed with a quick read. There are also missing words in many places.
              Okay Gary, let's substitute "enjoyable" for "accurate", and at least there are some nice photos, and a little bit of Studebaker history for those who are not Studebaker nuts. http://ateupwithmotor.com/sports-car...er-avanti.html
              sigpic
              Jack, in Montana

Comment

Working...
              X