X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another '57 Broadmoor surfaces

Well here is still another one.

http://chattanooga.craigslist.org/cto/3469169191.html

No interior pics, but does not look bad on the outside. The color combo is a bit odd, at least for my taste.
    Dan White
    64 R1 GT
    64 R2 GT
    58 C Cab
    57 Broadmoor (Marvin)

I think Perry James from Milledgeville was looking at this one. He asked my opinion on it,but I think he decided to let it slide and bought a Silver Hawk instead.
    Neil Thornton

Comment

I had a '56 Parkview wagon painted that combo......don't know if it was a true 'carry over' combo between '56 and '57, but definitely very close!

Comment

Unless it has had body work and a repaint, it looks pretty good.

Comment

There was one for sale at Motion Old Cars in South Dakota with the same color combo. They had it listed for a long time but is no longer on their site.

Comment

My first car I bought when I was 17 was 57 four door President in that same color combo. Cost me 85 dollars.
            NEIL G.

Comment

Originally posted by qsanford View Post
              There was one for sale at Motion Old Cars in South Dakota with the same color combo. They had it listed for a long time but is no longer on their site.
              Weird~ as soon as I saw the pictures I thought of that very same car!!!
              What are the odds that it's the same one?
              StudeDave '57
              US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
              SDC Member since 1985

past President
              Whatcom County Chapter SDC
              San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
              San Diego Chapter SDC
              North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

Could be. Although, this one seems to have a little less "Patina".

Comment

Nice looking car, but... Ugh! That BLACK is terrible looking on the nice Turquoise Green. Oh well I guess that is what Paint is for, it cries out for a darker Green to blend with the Turquoise!
                  StudeRich
                  Second Generation Stude Driver,
                  Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

There was a copper and cream Broadmoor near here when we first moved here in '90. It went to Nevada a few years later. T'was a nice, solid non-running example. I've often wondered what happened to it. Was a Stude father-son duo that owned it.
                    No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Seems like the copper/cream and red/white were the most popular colors. I would be curious to know how many turq/black ones rolled off the line, yuck.
                      Dan White
                      64 R1 GT
                      64 R2 GT
                      58 C Cab
                      57 Broadmoor (Marvin)

Comment

Sorry to say, no room in the garage!
                        sigpic1957 Packard Clipper Country Sedan

"There's nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer"
                        Lt. Col. Jimmy Doolittle
                        "I have a great memory for forgetting things" Number 1 son, Lee Chan

Comment

Originally posted by Dan White View Post
                          Well here is still another one.

http://chattanooga.craigslist.org/cto/3469169191.html

No interior pics, but does not look bad on the outside. The color combo is a bit odd, at least for my taste.
                          I like it. Seems like there were a lot of 55-56 Plymouths in this combo. Thought there was a popular '56 ad in this color, but didn't find one right away.
                          Attached Files
                          KURTRUK
                          (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

Working...
                          X