No announcement yet.

40 Stude Street Rod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'am not a big fan of that color blue but on that car it works real well. AS for anyone that has a complaint about the car post a shot of your car that looks better.

Comment

The car is well done, but like any custom, it will appeal only to those with a similar vision. I like a modified car to still have the character of the original. That car barely retains enough of the trim to identify it. The interior could be in anything. The red car in the pictures or 41Frank's sedan are more to my liking.
      "In the heart of Arkansas."
      Searcy, Arkansas
      1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
      1952 2R pickup

Comment

Ace motor but, Them wheels just don't do nowt for me

Comment

Richard. Im glad to see you had a modified car at one time. You have been very helpful with my 40 President Club Sedan street rod. It is probably the best driving Studebaker that I have owned. I would put on a picture but still haven't been successful putting one on the forum.

Denny L
          Last edited by Green 53; 12-14-2012, 01:03 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

other than the wheels, not too shabby! also like the interior. BUT - at that price, i'd be looking to purchase a very nice '53/4 C/K, '55 Speedster, '56 Golden Hawk and so on...

i'm sure the owner has at least that much $ invested in it, but doubtful he will get that price - unless that "one" person is out there that just has to have it.
            Kerry. SDC Member #A012596W. ENCSDC member.

'51 Champion Business Coupe - (Tom's Car). Purchased 11/2012.

'40 Champion. sold 10/11. '63 Avanti R-1384. sold 12/10.

Comment

Originally posted by Green53 View Post
              Richard. Im glad to see you had a modified car at one time. You have been very helpful with my 40 President Club Sedan street rod. It is probably the best driving Studebaker that I have owned. I would put on a picture but still haven't been successful putting one on the forum.

Denny L

Here ya go Denny- look forward to seeing you in Phoenix this winter- probably this year at the Goodguys show! Thanks again for your hospitality to my family and I last year. Evan

Evan Davis
              Prince Albert, Sk

Comment

Thanks Evan. 41Frank and I will look forward to seeing you folks again. I see you took those pictures at our C.A.R.S. of the Sun Cities Valentine show last year. That is also my red 64 Avanti in the picture as well.

Denny L

Comment

I like Denny's better than the blue custom and
                  I like the red coupe restorod better than the blue one.
                  Richard's sedan's gasser look gives it away as not a sleeper. Otherwise I like the concept.
                  Incidentally I think 40 grille was an design improvement over the 39 grill.
                  (I'm entitled to say that because I have two 39 coupes.)

I have the last one obtained in good running shape, with an added OD, but the paint will stay original. I like the looks of it that way because it has minimal rust but plenty of primer showing. I want to put it in the survivor class for fun.

THE FIRST 39 COUPE IS FOR SALE as my health dropped out from under me about half way through. It was to be a street/strip car.
                  It's tubbed with a twelve bolt posi rear, aluminum wheels two 6" front and four 9"rear, 4 w disc brakes, Mustang steering, boxed frame, set up for Stude V8. Firewall is moved back 8 in., I have a factory aluminum two carb 4 bbl intake, carbs, aluminum radiator (that will also fit a 51 Stude). I had intentions of was building twin turbo powered rod. Also have a couple of small turboes.

I'm thinking I will need to start selling it in pieces as nobody wants a half finished rod.The fenders, trunk lid, hood, shrouds, and nose are professionally finished and in primer. I have new tinted glass for sides and back. (I was going to leave the windshield clear for the starting tree.)
                  Last edited by Lark Parker; 12-15-2012, 11:35 AM. Reason: I like to edit.
                  sigpic
                  Lark Parker --Just an innocent possum strolling down life's highway.

Comment

It doesn't look like any players are jumping on the blue car. I sometimes have trouble understanding why a seller starts out so high and never gets a bid. Start lower and see what comes in.

Denny L
                    Last edited by Green 53; 12-21-2012, 11:22 AM. Reason: Left out a word

Comment

Originally posted by StudeMichael View Post
                      Nicely done. Even if you are a purist you will appreciate this one.
                      I'm certainly no purist but it doesn't do anything for me. I'm not upset at what was done to the car, it's just not my cup of tea.
                      Jon Stalnaker
                      Karel Staple Chapter SDC

Comment

Hmm... its just not my style. Its too shiny, not a fan of the wheels, interior is to modern. Im more of a rat rod type of guy..

Comment

Working...
                        X