Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your thoughts on the best looking stock Studebaker engines / engine compartments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To: Nox,----- Yes, there isn't enough green in that color.......everything else look pretty much correct?

Comment

Originally posted by qsanford View Post
      I like the looks of the '61s under the hood. The silver block with the reddish-orange covers looks sharp. The master cylinder mounted on the firewall is a nice touch, too!
      I posted a photo of a '61 Hawk engine compartment here: http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...=return+spring

Craig

Comment

Originally posted by 8E45E View Post
        I posted a photo of a '61 Hawk engine compartment here: http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...=return+spring

Craig
        Nice shot of the '61. I should clarify that the Master Cylinder was firewall mounted on the Larks only.

Comment

Originally posted by qsanford View Post
          Nice shot of the '61. I should clarify that the Master Cylinder was firewall mounted on the Larks only.
          Yep, that is correct about the Larks. 1961 was the first year for that. However, I interpreted your first sentence to mean all '61's, including Hawks as the engine colors were the same.

Craig

Comment

Jeff you've got the best taste, what a beautiful horse!

Comment

All '61s including the Hawks! Something about Performability.

Comment

Red Truck Engine

It's not pretty (or stock).....but.....it gets me where I want to go....
                Attached Files
                Last edited by jeds55; 12-16-2012, 05:24 PM.
                sigpic

Comment

To: jeds55,-----Love those twin WCFB's on the Caddy manifold........Way to go!!!!

Comment

Seen in Wendover, UT, August 2011.

Comment

Originally posted by SN-60 View Post
                      Here's a 'stock' '55 Stude engine compartment coming together................or is it?
                      It's not. In addition to the "too Blue" Paint. It has a Flight-O-Matic Trans. with the under floor Filler tube that appears to have the long tail, as used on '58 to '60 on Sedans and Larks and '58 to '61 on Hawks.
                      Last edited by StudeRich; 12-17-2012, 03:27 PM.
                      StudeRich
                      Second Generation Stude Driver,
                      Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

To StudeRich,-----SHARP EYES on the flightomatic! One thing You can't see though.....it's a 'short tail' '57 unit.

Comment

Working...
                        X